Saturday, July 24

Weekend Soak-Up

 Whew! It truly rained all day long yesterday! One of those good ones, where it is just a steady rain and not the deluge that creates floods. AZ could sure use rains like this more often.

Date night was good. We tried a BBQ place called Pork on the Fork. It is is a small place in a business complex, and if we had not specifically been watching for it by the address, we would have never found the place. Oh it was good! Wife had a brisket bowl, with mac n' cheese and green beans. I opted for a sandwich: the one pound 'Midwest Monster' which was brisket, with pulled pork (1 lb worth) topped with jalapenos and a creamy white queso (cheese) to top it off. Had to eat it with a knife and fork. Prices were very compatible for the type of food and the servings were good sized. We can order up to 5 pounds of pulled pork at any time to take home as well!!

Friday was a usual day. No word from the Company about my next project. Went up to the VFW for karaoke and to hang out with my brother. His wife and he had brought up the two of their youngest, so I actually spent some time with the nephew and niece, too. This morning I am getting ready to head out to an early lunch with RM at Coco's - I didn't know we had anymore of them in town, but evidently there is one out near her place. I got about 20 minutes before I head out for that.

Got to see the Daughter and Doodad yesterday. She had been in town helping a friend and came by to visit. Feels like forever since I had seen them, though it had only been a few weeks. They'll be back up Wednesday for the day of dental appointments (they like the dentist up here). Then I don't know when we will see them again. Probably in a month when I decide to do a day trip or something.

Alright, well I am out of here for now. 

PeacE

No comments: