Friday, December 16

Holiday Break

 The Youngest finished up the last of his finals yesterday, and is now officially on holiday break. He won't return to school until January 4th.

My work project ended up reaching completion yesterday. So a project that we were told was going to last three weeks, ended up only being about a week long (7 days in total over two weeks). So no nice paycheck, and no work through Christmas. They said that we would be noitified this next week for a new project, but I don't know what I will do. I may skip it just to have time to get whatever needs doen for the holiday, then get on the next project. I haven't decided.

RM made a gripe (observation? wish?) about Christmas and us kids. She 'wished' that we would tell her what we really want, as she feels that we will be disappoionted with what we actually get. I know we are not young children and make lists for Santa anymore. Plus being adults, we buy what we need/want versus waiting particularly for Christmas. I told RM the same I do every year. I want beef jerky. I like it. I enjoy it. There isn't much else I could think of 'wanting' for a gift. I have mentioned I like T-shirts with sarcastic sayings. I also like T-shirts that are blank - preferably grey- but like the Hanes tag-less ones you buy in packs of four. I go through shirts quite a bit - especially in the sweaty summer. But I know how RM feels. I have the same issue with my kids, who all are adults, except the Youngest.

I think this next week will be spent on wrapping the presents I had ordered online and that have come in. I believe all my orders are here now. After that, I amy check with the Wife and try to get some of her stuff wrapped - just so we are not up til 3am Christmas Eve.

One more day until the 4th Annual Santa Run - where no running is involved, but lots of beers are. Youngest is marching with the HS band in the Fiest Bowl Parade tomorrow morning. That's kinda cool. Three hours of marching - no, not so fun. But at least it will be 40's-50's tomorrow instead of lower, or worse, raining/snowing/sleeting.

Guess that's all I got today.

PeacE

No comments: