Friday, December 23

A Better Morning

 The back is feeling slightly better today. After doing my PT exercises, swallowing too many pills for pain, and just trying to NOT aggravate the back, it is finally starting to return to normal. I might be walking normally by Christmas. And, I figured my BP counts would be higher than usual due to the pain factor, but yesterday was the lowest BP and Glucose count days I have ever had. Weird.

So, I mentioned I had finished up what I considered to be my portion of the Christmas shopping on Tuesday. With the back hurting, I have not gotten around to wrapping those things - so today will be that day. I verified with the Wife that we had tape, and where it was. She also delegated met o wrap another shopping bag of things. I hate wrapping. If I didn't refuse to give gifts at most holidays, I would invest in a gift bag company. Or better yet, maybe I should get gift cards from now on. 

The back is hurting enough that I am not able to do the Santa gig at the Wife's work this morning. So last night, she dug out her Mrs Clause outfit, and I guess she is going to fill in for Santa. I didn't ask, because I didn't want to know. It was not a paid event, as I do it for volunteer work only. I feel bad enough I am not able to walk well enough to do it, but now she is "covering" for me....<growl>.

I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. My football team plays tomorrow afternoon, and I am thinking about heading to the pub to watch it. The Wife will be working on gift wrapping most of the later part of the day (hopefully not through midnight). Sunday is Christmas, and I don't believe our family is getting together until closer to noon. I think the Daughter & family won't be up until probably 2'ish. I should check withe her and find out. Then that evening we will join RM & PT for dinner and gift exchange at their house to round out the evening.

I'm kinda sitting here, looking at the "pile" of gifts I need to wrap - the ones I bought - and O think about what RM has been saying the past few days. I mean in regards to her worries if someone likes the gift she gets them or not, and how it is 'the thought that counts" versus the gift. I know most of the gifts I bought were things I was told that had requested - maybe not quite the style, but still. Some were not even asked for, but I had thoughts behind them. Then there are the gift cards of course. I really don't care if they like it or not. Be happy they are getting something, is my thought. Personally, I have become to dislike receiving presents more and more as the years pass. I don't know if it is a 'guilt' because maybe in my opinion the gift I received has more value than what I gave, or if it is I have to like it because it was a gift. I'm not saying I get things I don't like (well, that happens to all of us) it just makes me feel uncomfortable.

The Wife should be finishing up getting ready for work. I wonder if she is wearing the outfit, or taking and changing. Either way, waiting for her to leave. I'm going to cheat on my food stuff and head up to Jack in the Box for a breakfast meal and a large soda. Been craving soda quite a bit the last few days. Maybe the Middle Son will remember and get me some Mtn Dews for Christmas.

PeacE

1 comment:

Joe said...

Merry Christmas