Saturday, December 17

Time for the Running of the Santas

 Whew! I am up early! The Youngest has a call-time of :am at the band room,  and he actually woke me around :am as he was getting in/out of the shower. I waited until the Wife's alarm went off (to wake him, though he was already up) and told her she gets to take him since she had on more clothes than I (she had on pj's). Before they left she came back in and grabbed an old flannel jacket of mine, as she said it was 35 out this morning. I hinted I wondered what is open at 6am for breakfast besides Dennys and McDonalds. Will see if she got the hint and picks up a breakfast from Wendys of JitB. I'm kinda hungry sitting here this morning.

Youngest came in the office here this morning in shorts and a T. I asked if he was going to be warm enough, and he said once they have full uniform on, and the marching, he'll be warm enough. I remember my days back in Junior High in Frankfort, marching in the Christmas parade, in the snow. It was so cold! At least I was playing a plastic sousaphone and not a brass one, or a brass tuba.

Santa Run is this evening. I texted with the Oldest Son last night, and I guess his friend is not going now. Something about having some teeth removed in the last week, and not sure that things have healed up enough that he should be drinking. Wuss. Oh well. More time for my Son and I to talk. I will spend a portion of today getting things together. I have got 200+ candy canes to throw into the Santa bag. I also bought some fur-trimmed boots to use with my suit rather than the 'shoe-covers' that come with it. I need to run by the bank yet at some point and get the money out for this evening as well.

Think I heard the Wife come home. Gonna go see if she brought breakfast - though I doubt it.

PeacE

Edit: The Wife did NOT bring breakfast. So around 7:30 I told her I needed food to get rid of my morning sick feeling (from meds) and I would take her to Ronnie's. She was all for that. Now back home and getting the candy canes all together. Unpacked the Santa suit (the bar one) and my new boots I ordered to go with it. Now killing time until this evening. Definitely will nap at some point.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Sheesh, I remember marching in that parade. We had to put nail polish on the mouthpiece to keep from freezing to your lips. Invariably the slide on my trombone would freeze before the route was done.