Wednesday, December 28

Recovery Time Was Needed

 It is the VERY wee hours of Wednesday morning (read 12:15am) and I am awake. I went to bed around 9 last night, and up just before midnight, wide awake, and not feeling tired. So up out of bed and into the office go I.

I haven't posted since Sunday, mostly because I have been in a sort of recovery mode. Much food was eaten (explained later) and I have just been feeling worn out from more physical activity than I am used to doing. Which in its own way is very good for me, it is bodily titring as it is not a regular habit my body is used to.

Christmas day started well, as you saw my short post. I did end up napping in bed until around 10am, then just couldn't lay there any longer. I woke the Wife to get her started on her "stocking ball" (candies/little knick knacks/toys wrapped into a large saran wrap ball). I wanted to start loading around 11:30. I went into the office and proceeded to watch "Top Gun Maverick". I stopped it at 11:30 - right as they were starting the "run" for the mission. The Youngest and I loaded the car... and loaded, and loaded. I really thought we did not have the number of gifts this year, but there it was. Thankfully, earlier in the week I had dropped off a bag of gifts at RM's for more room.

We arrived at the older Sons' place around 12:15 and unloaded 99% of what we brought. Not only were there presents but we brought most of lunch, and some other things to do (games for prizes, etc). Daughter and faily made it up around 1:30, and so we ate some lunchmeat sandwiches woth chiops and some veggies on the side. Then it was stocking ball time, and a game or two, followed woth the gift handout and opening. I think everyone was very happy with all the gifts exchanged - I know I scored very well with many food items like beef jefky. The Daughter also made some spicy pickle spears and a small jar of salsa for me. The Wife really liked the mini-chainsaw (she asked for it) and the Suns jersey I found for her. Around 5 we all packed our vehicles respectively, and rode across town to Sin City (I mean Sun City) to finish the evening with RM & PT.

RM only does stockings for her actual children, so the Wife and I did ours. I got quite a bit of small packages of different trail mixes, and energy bars (which I love to snack on while working), small water flavors, and a couple other things. Then we did the gift exchange. RM always says she didn't buy much, but I felt there were many, many things. I loved my T-shirt she got me, and I was really surprised by the insulated Purdue cup, and the Washington NFL pajama top/bottoms set. But my finale' present was a big basket of goodies: jerky, pickles, energy bars - I haven't even completely gone through it yet - and it had a label for 'Ralph's Snack Basket". Plus I got a quart of RM's home-made bread 'n butter pickles as well. Dinner followed and was absolutely filling, and I ate too much. Barbecue ribs, corn slaw, rolls, mashed taters, followed with a dessert of turtle pie and vanilla ice cream. Oh, I was so full! Shortly after meal clean-up and the dividing up of leftovers, we departed for home, I think it was around 9ish when we got home, unloaded and finally able to sit down and take a breather.

I slept good that night. I spent a couple good quality reading moments in the little room the next day. I feel like I am still giving up some of that huge dinner from Sunday. In a way I guess I am... we did get some ribs, corn and rolls for leftovers, and I have been slowly depleting the stock. I haven't touched (much) of my snack stuffs - though have had a stick or two of jerky. Trying to make it last.

This week I need to run to Lowesd and get a leaf rake. I guess we don't have one. Then need to rake part of the front yard from the smaller limbs from when we took down the dead tree in front. Then I need to get it mowed. I guess some asshole in the neighborhood reported to the city my grass was over 6 inches (not all over, just in a couple spots) so it has to be taken care of before the 2nd. Hopefully I can get the Youngest to help. I might do that run to Lowesd this morning and get raking if I don't end up back in bed.

So now you are all caught up, and I have run out of topics to share.

PeacE

No comments: