Sunday, December 11

Another Pair of Eyes

 Saturday, the Wife and I slept in. Well, sorta. She got up and ran the Youngest to the school around 7:30 as the band was marching int he Glendale Hometown Christmas parade, then having a band party afterwards at the school. Then she came back to bed. We ended sleeping til after 11am. I woke hungry, so suggested one of our faves, Ronnie's Cafe, for a late brunch. But when we got there, we could find a parking space at all. So I decided Black Bear Diner, and headed that way, only to turn off enroute at The Place. It had been awhile since we had ate there, so it happened. Their menu seems to have gotten shorter since Covid-time, but the service was great! It seemed every few minutes a waitstaff (not just our own) came by asking if everything was okay and if we needed anything.

Back home afterwards, with a trip to Walgreens to pick up another of my prescriptions. This time around it was another 100 lancets. About three days ago, Walgreens acalled me about a free service they have, to save me time, by combining all my 'scripts' to be filled and ready on one day, so I don't have to make multiple trips. The lancets and test strips they said would go to a 90-day refill for the same date. I guess this last one was  just before that call, so I went and got it. I have about 250+ lancets and about the same in test strips right now, but I only test once a day. Glad they are going to 90-days (they both come 100 each time).

Anyways, whilst in Walgreens, the Wife roamed th aisles hoping a Christmas idea for someone would jump out at her. I picked up the script and the reading glasses caught my eye. My regular glasses are bifocal, yet while working at my computer, I have to use the reader part, which means my head is craned back a good part of the day while reading the screen. I thought maybe some "readers" would help. So I tried to gauge the distance and letter size whilst trying on different strengths. Found one I thin kis pretty close and went ahead and bought them. Trying them out last night, they seem to work much better than my regular glasses. Now I know the strength, I'll pick up a couple side pair at the dollar store and keep this pair for last minute.

It is Sunday morning, and I woke fairly early - 7:40'ish. Tossed and turned a good portion of the night, having weird dreams of a dragon trying to kill me. Too much playing Warcraft probably. But I will be back at that this afternoon as I try to get my character up to level for raids that It hink start this week. This morning I will be headed up to the pub to watch some football. Washington is on a bye week, but my buddy has his Lions playing so we will watch that. Have a hot pastrami from the kitchen there for a late lunch then back home.

I did get a text late in the day yesterday, from a number I did not know. They were saying they had lost two Santa's and needed a replacement quickly for today. Not know ing who it was I said I had plans today already (I did) and could not do it. Then aasked who it was. Seems my buddy had this person call them, to see if he knew anyone that could help and he sent them my number. I like doing Santa, but last minute for someone I don't know....eh.

Speaking of Santa, I went up to the VFW Friday night. I hadn't been up there in about a month. Of course, it was back in November I found out that they had replaced me as Santa for the kid's party, and had not even bothered to mention it to me. Yeah, I was a bit ticked off. But one of the other members was telling me the Santa they had wore fake beard (mine is real) and was tall and skinny. Definitely said this gut did not do a good job, and this guy telling me this, was one of the elves passing out gifts. He asked where I was that morning, and I told him they replaced me. He said a few choice words as well. Bureaucracy in the ranks of the VFW I guess. At least my membership is a lifetime and I don't pay dues, otherwise the cheaper than regular bar prices wouldn't matter.

Work was going good until Friday. We got done with some stuff faster than expected, and they are waiting client approval to go to the next step. Hopefully will be hearing by tomorrow morning.

Welp, I think I am going to get out of here and do some thingys on the Web before heading up for the football games.

PeacE

No comments: