Tuesday, December 20

Why Bother the Teen?

 This morning found me wide awake at teh first going-off of the Wife's alarms. I quickly got out of bed to have use of the facilities before she would rise 30-45 minutes later. I was in dire need either way. Then I wandered into the office to sit at the computer. I decided to look at what new possible ARC of books I could find. I had not looked in a couple weeks, so thought I should. I did put in request for about 3-4 books, though if I am lucky, at least one wil lallow me to read it.

Speaking of reading, I just loked at my reading goals. I have finished 263 books this year - goal was for 200. Granted, as I looked through the list of ones I have read this year, many were what I would call short. These are the ones I can easliy read 1-2 of them in a day. Those long-series of serial-type books? You know what I mean. I have one series that has 62 book sin it (currently on book 50) so have a few more of them short ones to read yet. But mix in there some fairly longer reads that take me a week or more. Good stuff for the most part. I only recall a couple I had to mark down as did not finish, or that I just didn't like.

And it comes to today's post title. I am debating on waking the Youngest, to take him out shopping with me. I know I need to stop at our local Fry's Food to get gift cards. They have a good selection, and get 2X the gas points there as well, since the Wife uses them. I know I need at least 3 VISA cards, and a couple more for like fast food (for the two older boys). Depending what else is there, may do more. The Youngest needs to select some things for his Mom, and mentioned a couple ideas. If I can get him up, we will run to Walmar probably to select what he is thinking of. Then, as part of the bribe to get him up, may take him to lunch. All depends if I can get him up.

I'm supposed to dress as Santa this Friday for an event at the Wife's employment. I guess it is for a portion of the patients there, which most are elderly. I think she mentioned that staff was giving out presents to them as well, but I just have to be in the prescence I guess. She still has not confirmed what time, so who knows what will happen. It's at least a good 30 minute drive away, so hopefully she remembers to get the time.

Welp, not much else to do right now. It's only about 8:20 and no need to try waking the kid at least until closer to 10. I know he was up on the computer playing games until late, after all , he is on break from school.

PeacE

No comments: