Tuesday, June 27

I Thought I was Working Today ...

 Friday when I logged out of work, I had that happy inside feeling, because I saw there was enough workflow items that I would be working on Monday. Yesterday, it lasted most of the day. About 30 minutes before I logged out for the day, that flow ended, but within minutes they had added more. It looked like Tuesday was going to be good! I slept in a bit later today, and when I did log in, that work flow was gone. People were beginning to ask 'is there more for the work flow?' and I'm sitting here on my hands doing nothing.

I don't know the details, but evidently RM And The Wife met up or something yesterday. When I got home from the bar last night, I had a bag waiting for me. RM was clearing out more stuff (she writes about it enough) and came across some things she thought I would want. This included a couple report cards (remember when kids actually got them?), an immunization booklet with a few of my early years shots listed, some trail mix packages, and some packets for sweet tea. I respect that she thought I would want these things, but really? In the report card 'pouches' there was a mothers day invite to tea at the school (I am guessing) circa 1978. I sat here thinking a bit, that would have been Kindergarten for me... damn I feel old. Though I appreciate RM giving them to me, they will all probably end up in the trash. I have no memory attached to them, and so they have no value to me. I am sure it is probably much different to RM...

Well, work things just got weird... I have the Teams chat in the background as I am writing here, waiting to see/hear about more work. I just got added to a "new" chat channel, so it sounds like they are moving me to another section. But a few minutes later, it is gone. So again, I have no clue. Guess I will be doing this for awhile this morning....

PeacE

No comments: