Wednesday, June 7

Dragging Today

 I'm beat. Yesterday things had happened to make me have some anxiety, and I met up with the buddies last night. Ended up staying much longer than I should have, so I was later getting up this morning. And I'm still dragging ...

So I had the car accident over a year ago. My insurance ruled it a 'word vs word' situation (even though I truly had the green turn arrow). The other person is now on their 4th...5th? ... attorney trying to blame me. So I got the call yesterday of my insurance letting me know what's going on. Allegedly they are filing a lawsuit this time, so if I were to be served, to let them know and they will assign an attorney for me. I talked to my bestie last night and he told it is nothing to worry about. I believe him, after all, he is an attorney.

Work wanted to advance me to a higher level yesterday. As I was on the phone with the new manager, and he was explaining what was expected, the workload, etc, I had to interrupt him. I told him flat out that I did not have the knowledge of the programs (Excel) to be doing what he was expecting. He was surprised, then thanked me for telling him up front. I was moved back down to where I was already, and I am still working as of today. I did see in Teams that many have finished their portions of this project, so I don't know how much more there will be for me. Hopefully it won't be long until another project.

RM had a surprise visit with me this morning. She had a business breakfast with her boss, and she wanted to stop by on her way home to drop me off something. Turns out it was a slice of apple-rhubarb pie (which is already gone) and a couple other types of dessert. That pie was good, though, would have been better if I had some ice cream to go with it. Thanks RM!

PeacE

No comments: