Friday, June 30

Working the Holiday?

 Normally, the Company has July 4th off, and this year is no exception. We are "closed" so no one is able to make 'double time' and yet we are not paid for the holiday, so we are already 8 hours short of 40 for the week. Shrug. It is what it is. They offered if we wanted to work extra hours all week, to make up for the shortage, we are open to do so, as long as we contact them ahead of time. I don't think I will. With the pauses we are already having in the workload, I doubt we will be working a full week anyways. Such is life.

The Youngest passed the online test for his permit to drive yesterday! It is a major accomplishment in our household, seeing as to how I had to push/cajole/swear/manipulate him to even get to the point of taking the damn thing. I think the only way that finally got to him was I was going to sell the car we bought for him, as it was just sitting there taking money (insurance) whilst he sat on his ass doing nothing. And yes, I had to wake him twice to get him up yesterday to get in the office room and do the damn test. Sigh. We are going up today to get the actual paper permit (regular mailed within 10 days) this afternoon when I finish work.

I went out with the buds last night as per the usual Thursday routine. Feeling a little groggy this morning, though I did make the 6am hour for work. One bud is gone to North Dakota Country Fest next week, so not sure if meeting up next week or not.

PeacE

No comments: