Thursday, June 29

Pleasantly Surprised

 I was able to get just over three hours of work in on Tuesday. I was surprised we had work that fulfilled the 8 hours/day, and that carries into today, and possibly tomorrow. Though I feel this is the final dregs of the project. Kind of glad....

The Wife and I have been talking about some sort of 'vacation' this summer. We haven't come up with much around the Southwest that we are really interested in doing - aside from going to Tucson to see Doodad. We even asked the Youngest if there was anything he would like to do - no. So we decided a 2-3 day trip down to Tucson, and then to Tombstone (you've heard of that place, right?) for a day. We checked with The Daughter about stealing Doodad for that day, gives them some quiet down time (to make more babies). Finding the dates to do it, though, are kind of difficult. We settled for later in July, but at Wife's work, we ended up having to do it sooner. So here in a couple weeks we will be out of town for a weekend.

Youngest starts his band camp in mid month. That is two weeks of having to take/pick-up I will have to do (sigh). I am so glad this is the final year of all the kids being in high school. Sixteen years (12 of them straight) of early mornings, late nights, special camps, Saturday competitions. I won't miss them ( I say that now).

Ugh. I am getting messaged this morning from the Project Manager. Seems she is questioning some of my work. Need to run....

PeacE

No comments: