Monday, June 12

How Long Will It Last?

 Monday finds me up with the alarm at 5am, and I'm feeling decent, well, enough that I am ready to get to work. I did a couple personal things then started my log-on process shortly before 6, and once logged in, I jumped over here to waste some time placing letters in a random order so you have something to read. You know you like it.

So... work. This is starting week five of an estimated 4-week project. Good or bad, I cannot say. I can only do the work they give me. If they short-saled the client on time, not my problem, except, it may end the company if they do it too often. Not my department, and it is what it is. Either way, I have a couple things to work on this morning that may take about half my day. After that, at this point, I don't know if I will be done, or if the manager will throw some more my way. She just logged in, so will see as the morning goes on.

Saturday was okay. The Wife and I got up around 9 and went to Golden Corral for breakfast. We had not been there in quite awhile, and shortly starting into the first plate, I remembered why. The food is just so bland. But I did fill up on scrambled eggs, sausage links and biscuits with gravy (though never on par with my Grandma Hankins'). That eve I went to the VFW as they have the Queen of the Hearts drawing raffle. The pot was up to $6,550, so had to try for it. I got my ticket drawn to be able to pick a card to win it all... .and got a 7 of spades. I won $25 (covers the $20 in tickets) and the pot rolls to next week.

Sunday was Book Day. I have one of these every once in awhile. It's where I go through a few of the book sights, look at the lists of 'upcoming releases' they show for the next six months, and update my notebook (the one for books by my side here) with any and the dates they are due out. It helps sometimes when I request ARCs to know what is coming out when. OR if I miss a request for an ARC, I know when I can check for it to be out. Then I randomly start looking at New Authors (new to me) that are recommended to me, to see if they have stories that sound interesting. I did end up downloading a few (like 30) to try out when I have time for my personal TBR list. That took most of the day. I filled in the rest watching a new show (to me) called 'Your Honor' from Showtime. It's a couple seasons long, but looked interesting.

Welp, I wasted a few minutes here, and should probably get back to work.

PeacE


No comments: