Wednesday, December 27

Another Commercial Holiday Over

 Christmas has come and gone, and I regret somewhat the amount of money we spent on presents, but I guess overall it was worth it. We had a good afternoon over at RM's and I don't know for everyone, but I know I enjoyed the gifts I received. One of the more favorite gifts for myself, a few hand-towels with family recipes for certain dishes that I enjoy, and now am able to look forward to making. Our late lunch/early supper of lunchmeat sandwiches was much more than I expected. RM had gone to the deli for meat versus just picking up some ones from the pre-packaged meat section. So there was pastrami, black forest ham, and more! Lots of iced tea for me (Thx Mom!) plus potato salad and deviled eggs.

Our second stop was at the Oldest Son's apartment, were we gathered the siblings for gifts exchanges. The Wife brought the annual stocking ball, and we found out the Oldest Son's GF is a natural! Giving out he gifts seemed like it would take forever, but I was finally able to sit down and open the few I received. I was happy with some homemade T-shirts my Daughter made, and the ordered in Hawaiian-style shirt the Wife got me, with pictures of Lucious, my kitty, showing off some of his different facial expressions. Afterwards, Middle Son had to head to work and the rest of us settled in to play some Cards against Humanity. By 10pm, the Wife and I were done and headed home. I even left the car unloading (except for food) until the next day.

Yesterday was mild. as I said I unladed a portion of the car. The Youngest got his stuff out this morning. I was feeling sort of weak throughout most of the day, and ended up napping a couple times. I'm guessing leftover from being sick, and then over-exerting myself Christmas with all the activity. My Sister has invited us for NYD lunch at her place. I have recently been trying to put our relationship into a better place. Needless to say, I don't want to speak of the event that sundered it... The Wife has to work, so I am debating if I want to go or not. I need to figure it out soon as needs to be known for how much food to supply.

Not sure what today will bring. I know I need to pick up meds from the store. Maybe a beer or two later on.

PeacE

No comments: