Monday, December 18

Playing Catch-Up on Almost Everything....

 ... except sleep. I slept in way too late today, out of necessity I am sure. But still, it has made getting to sleep tonight (last night?) quite the troublesome thing to accomplish.

So once I rolled out of bed around 1pm (yes, I'm aware it is afternoon) the Wife and I went for lunch. I was feeling quite hungry, as had not eaten much the day before. I opted for the Chinese buffet place we like. Today I am starting on the "diet" that leads up to the colonoscopy I am having done Thursday. They suggest 'softer foods' a few days before, and as the date nears, to stop certain types of food/drink (no purple/red drinks - weird).  After I find out later this morning if I work today, or not, I should head to the store for some Ramens, of if I think of some other soft stuff (ice cream counts, right?) as I need to get a gallon of milk anyways.

Saturday was the 5th Annual Santa Run, and from what I remember, it was a good night. I imbibed much more than I should have, and unfortunately do not remember about half the night, but talking to SIL today, I asked if I was an ass at all. He said no, but told me one an incident that happened that he found funny. Of course, it was near the end of the night (close to closing time, or at least for us to get home). So that was good. We took SIL, Daughter and Doodad out to dinner tonight prior to them returning to Tucson until Christmas. There I had the steak filleted salad - and I could not eat all of it, as I was still somewhat full from the large lunch I had had. I did eat all the meat though. I'm sure at some point today, I will have a very fibrous BM. Two plates of salad at lunch, and 3/4 of a big salad for dinner. Lordy, Let's hope I don't clog up the pipes in the house.

Middle and Youngest sons have plans to go out to RM's today for some baking Christmas time with Grandma. Daughter and Doodad went yesterday, meeting up with a cousin and her daughter there as well. I heard at dinner some of the things they did while there. PT sounded like his regular self, yipping at the kids if they got too close the tree, or were 'running' from room to room. He's gotten so much worse in his older age, and I'm just talking about his attitude. And I am sure he wonders why no one wants to visit him... I'm not going there. But I got the impression that even RM was getting irritated with him. I'm sure there was plenty of eye-rolling going on, too. At dinner, Daughter had asked me if I had any ideas what to get PT for Christmas, and I immediately said 'An attitude adjustment, but I don't think any of us could afford it, as big as it needs to be'.

I still need to get out at some point this week and get some gift cards. I guess when will be determined by if I am working or not. I'm going to be off no matter what on Wednesday and Thursday, but obviously will be quite busy those days. I think there will be a slight rise in air-freshener spray market stocks this week.

Alright, it's barely 3am and the sleeping pills are not working. Looks like I am pulling an all-nighter. Time to find a movie that sounds interesting and kill time until 6am.

Edit: Went to bed around 4:30, but didn't get any sleep. Just a couple naps. Logged into work, and looks like I will be working at least part of today.

PeacE


No comments: