Thursday, December 21

A Little Update

 I woke this morning feeling much better, so I think I may be pretty much over this bug. I feel for the Wife though, as she is just starting it. She has today off, as it was requested for my procedure, and she said she still has plans to get some things done today, even if she is sick. We will see.

Youngest's last day of school for the year is today. out of three classes, he only has one final to take. Then he is done until 1/9/2024.

Shopping online. I know RM has stated she has done quite a bit of her shopping online - mostly through Amazon I am guessing. I did a little through them. I think in the future, I will be doing more. There were a couple other sites I have come across that had items I wanted to purchase for Christmas, and so I did. Turns out they are based in China, and looks like of two orders, neither will be here for Christmas. I got burned on this early this year when I bought a couple carved wooden canes. Freaking Asians can't tell the difference between AVENUE And DRIVE, so the package was delivered (two months late) to the wrong address. Then when I went to seek reparation/refund, the site was no longer online. So these past two sites, I looked to be sure they were US based, and from all I could tell, they were. Nope. Tracking is in a Chinese delivery, and both said it would be 10-19 days to arrive. I went back to the two sites, and looked closer. One says based in LA, CA, the other NYC, NY. I notice now that neither has a phone number or physical address to contact them - only a generic looking email. I think that is the "tell" for future purchases.

Well, it is barely 9am, and I am headed back to bed. Had to get up to take Youngest as he missed his bus, and I am still tired - in body and mind- from being sick.

PeacE

No comments: