Saturday, December 30

End of the Year Clean-Out

 The other day we received yet another notice from the city. This one reports that we have an inoperable car at our residence. We do. Buy who and why would they report it? I bet it is the same people that report my grass if it is over 6 inches high. That has been an on-going ordeal these past years - even when MIL & FIL lived here. Someone has it out for this house. The car is parked nicely on the driveway, and isn't sitting out int he front yard like trailer trash. It has been there for nearly three years, and NOW someone wants to complain. Why has it sat there so long? I can't get it out of park, in order to roll it onto the street, so the charity tow place can tow it (they can't pick up from driveways). The battery is gone (dead - non-chargeable) and the only other way to get it from park to neutral, that I have found (without buying a new battery) is to take the middle console out and more work than I wanted to do. Sigh.

So I have an old battery at hand. I am going to try to "jump" the car enough to get it out o park, then use the E-brake. If that doesn't work, then it is tearing it apart. I dread that. Just the hassle, etc.

So I am not happy today. The Wife also has to work some today to finish up EOM and EOY stuff. This last week has been short-handed on top of that. She has been working until 10pm most nights.

I need to get started on this car thing. Ugh.

PeacE

No comments: