Sunday, December 31

End Of Year Chores and Other Stuff

 Welcome to the last day of 2023. It is a nice 3pm here at this moment, and I am, preparing to go out for a bit to the pub. I won't be out late, as I hate the amateurs that think they can handle their alcohol. But I thought I would take a few moments to kinda recap this year... for me.

I'm, still working for the same Company, though projects this year were a bit more sparse than previous years. Hopefully this next week will find a project in my email ready to start, but I am not holding my breath. It is nice to be employed, though more hours would be nicer.

My health has improved. Through a number of doctor visits, we have gotten my diabetes back into a controllable range, and seemingly getting lower each time we check it. My BP is under control in a nice range the docs are happy with. I had to re-schedule the colonoscopy to mid January due to being sick, but it is still int he works to get done and find out those results. The docs are not happy with my fatty liver, from alcohol, though I have made efforts to reduce the amounts I was drinking. They can go stick it as far as I am concerned at this time. Still taking 5 prescriptions/day, plus the allergy pill and a vitamin (Centrum silver for those aged 50+). Overall, I feel healthier, though body pains are still there (knees, hips, and back). My weight has dropped from the beginning of the year, approximately 15 pounds.

I griped the other day about the notice from the city regarding one of our vehicles. Today I went out and did a 'tow truck trick' I found on youtube that got it out of park, and the Youngest and I rolled it so it is sitting at the end of the drive. Then I went online to Wounded Paws and set up to donate it. I will hear from them in the next 48 hours, and they should be coming to pick it up. I'll help the tow driver push it onto the street so he can hook it up, and it will be gone. Also got the new battery into the car the Youngest will get, and ran it for awhile. He has instructions to start it up every few days and let it run, unless we get some time out to practice his driving. Another thing to accomplish these early months so he will have his license by end of school year.

Caught up on all our bills, medical and otherwise for the year. Hopefully the Wife will have her W-2 by early February, and I will get taxes filed and done. No major trips planned as of now for this next year. Youngest graduating is the main plan as of now.

I lost too many friends this past year. I expect that number will slightly grow this next year, as we all get older.

I read 247 books, breaking my original goal of 200. I don't think I will start/finish one on this last day.

I've bettered family relationships, learning to let go of some of the anger I have had at certain people. In fact, I am doing lunch tomorrow at my Sister's home, and that in itself is a big step for me. I'm not saying I am completely over my issues, but I am trying to do better. My Brother is just a goofball idiot, and it is what it is, though we get along pretty good.

I have many good memories from this past year, most are probably of my granddaughter and time spent with her. A few are the rare times we were able to get all our children and families together for any reason. I was able to take RM out on a few "dates" though I don't think I made the quota for 1 each quarter.

I hope you each find happiness and joyful occasions as often as possible this new year that starts tomorrow.

PeacE

No comments: