Tuesday, December 19

Oh No ... This Better Not Happen!

 My work project finished yesterday around 1pm. I was able to lay down and take about an hour nap, but was having difficulty getting to sleep due to my allergies. The Wife had been doing quite a bit if cleaning and it has kicked up some much dander, or whatever, that my eyes are watering, nose running, draining down the neck, causing me to cough. Most days this is normal for me the first couple hours, but then my allergy pill kicks in, and I generally will be fine. But not yesterday. By the time I went to bed around 10, tired as heck still, the drainage was bad enough, my coughing was pretty constant, and that led to a much interrupted sleep. Now at 3:30am, my throat is sore, cough is there, and I am starting to worry about it getting bad enough I need to change my appointment. Rubbed some Vick's on the chest, took an allergy pill, a decongestant (to hopefully stop it dropping into my chest) and now the waiting game. Give it half an hour, and see if I feel better enough to get more sleep.

The Company did send me an email yesterday afternoon, asking me to return to work Tuesday for additional work on this project. Nice that they want me to do the next level of review work required, but I wrote back turning it down since I have a medical procedure that would me unavailable for work Weds and Thurs. No way am I going to try to work when I am up and running for the toilet so often! I explained I could return to work next week, but they responded that is fine, and I would be contacted then for placement on a project.

Even feeling as I do right now, I am going to try to make it down to Fry's today. I need to look into some powerade/gatorade type drink for tomorrow, plus some sodas. Maybe find some soup broth that I can heat up (no noodles). I also need to get gift cards. The Wife and I talked over who and what type I was thinking of getting, and we agreed. Hope to get it done by late morning... we will see my motivation if I get to sleep more.

Family plans are made, and the times scheduled in for our Christmas traveling/visiting/exchanging. I verified with RM yesterday, and then blasted our Family Chat with the details so everyone knows the plan. We are mixing things up a bit as the need to accommodate Middle Son. He has to work at some point The evening of Christmas - thanks Wal-Mart! But he will still be able to be a part of things the way we planned them out.

Already feeling a bit better. Gonna rub some more Vick's on in about 20 minutes, then see if I cen get some more sleep.

PeacE

No comments: