Saturday, December 23

Saturday, Pre-Christmas

 I am up sort of early. This week's sleep schedule has been soooo skewed from being sick, that even though I am trying to get back on track, there will be a few early mornings and late nights I am sure.

It is Saturday, and there is still so much that needs to be done for Christmas int he d00d household. Majority of it is wrapping, and the Wife does most of that (since she knows who gets what, etc). I know I still need to get my own wrapping done as well. Looks like two packages are not going to make it here in time, so that is four gifts I am missing.

I had gone out the other night, first time in almost a week - well, five days. As I was driving home I decided I should make my dessert this year. It's based off a recipe my Grandma Smith used back int he day, and was my Dad's favorite. Obviously, I have tweaked it since then. I shall wake the youngest here in a couple hours, and do what I hate to do - go out in public to a store two days before Christmas, for the supplies needed. Then he and I are going to make a couple batches (if I find enough supplies). If all works according to plan, I end up with 4 pie-sized portions of dessert. One to my buddy J, as I don't think I have ever made it for him before. I'm going to see about maybe giving one to my sister. The last two will go to RM's. Merry Christmas early RM, I know you'll read this before Monday!!

So I know what I need to get done, and now just to do it....

Edit: So I goofed. I realized I had forgotten a gift card for one person, so thought I would get that whilst at the store. Crowd wasn't terrible for 8am. I picked up my supplies and a couple other things needed then headed home. Was starting to put things away, and asked the Wife where the mixer/beaters were, then realized. I forgot the cherries I needed. Ugh! I don't want to go back. I'm tired of all the walking I just did. I thought maybe I could just order for pick-up, but they charge $$ if under a certain amount. So does Walmart come to find out. Amazon also charges more for same day if under $25. So, I just may not make it this year or at least for this weekend. It could wait until NYD, or until I am ready to go to the store....unless I can talk to the Wife into going today.....

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

oh yeah - can't wait! I haven't done a whole lot for dessert so that will be perfect! Thank you!