Sunday, December 3

I Blame The Doctors

 Saturday morning, I woke at 6am as the alarm went off, feeling terrible. I was shivering, achey, sick to my stomach. I went to use the bathroom, and realized how much my joints ached (more than usual) and had a few dry-heaves (which didn't help the stomach feeling). The Wife woke as I crawled back into bed, and stole most of the covers (I was freezing and shivering) and she commented my core felt extremely hot, as if I had a fever. Well, I tried to nap for an hour or so (no luck) before we had to get he Youngest up for practice before his concert. Wife made me check my temp, and it was 100.5 - so back to bed for me.

The Wife ran Youngest to his concert, then ran by the grocery (at my request) to pick up some soda, similar to Sprite, so I could have something to drink aside from water. She also picked me up some chicken noodle, she said. Near noon she had to leave to pick up Youngest's girlfriend, then to the concert. I opened up one of the soup cans she had picked up, without looking, and realized something was wrong. It was a yellow glob of who-knows-what. I checked the can. She had grabbed two cans of Cream of chicken, condensed. I added water to eat, and heated it since it was already opened, thinking I could drink it like a broth. Nope. Was nasty tasting. Into the drain it went. When Wife got home later I pointed it out to her, and she was upset at herself. Told her not to worry, as she also picked up some granola bars, and I had a couple of them instead. Last night was some pasta and beef, as I didn't want anything heavy. I had tried to stay awake most of the day, so I would sleep last night, but had to go to bed about 8:45, yet here I am at 3am.

Still not feeling quite up to myself yet. Fever is gone, but still feeling a bit weak and ache as well. I blame going to the doctor last week....

PeacE

No comments: