Wednesday, June 5

Some "New" Family

After work yesterday I went out to the pub. It is always nice (to me) to have a couple beers and read my book(s) for a few hours. I wrapped up around 7'ish, and before heading home, I sent a text to my brother. Monday, he had driven up north and brought home two of his grandkids, that were in foster care. Long story there, and I don't want to get into it, and all that crap. Bottom line is he and his wife are working on guardianship of the two kids, blah blah blah. 

Anyways, I asked about coming over, as the youngest (about 8 months old) I had never met (seen). So I went and visited. The visit was only a couple hours long, as he and I talked about the things going on about the grandkids, and just sort of catching up. It had been awhile since I last saw my brother.... Overall, I think I was pretty polite and cordial to his wife. Though, I admit I avoided having any conversation with her, or acknowledging anything she said, whenever she butted into our conversation. I got at least a fist-bump from the niece (4 1/2 yrs old) as she went to bed. The nephew, I didn't get to hold/see as he was already asleep when I got there, and didn't wake before I left. Though, my brother did show me a couple pics of him.

Welp, I don't really have anything of note to say today (go figure) and I should be working anyways....

PeacE

No comments: