Sunday, June 9

Surprises Galore!

 Friday evening brought a text in from the Daughter. They were coming up from Tucson to do the Sea Life Aquarium over at Arizona Mills Mall (one of the few left in the valley - malls that is). The Wife and I said yes, and we went to meet them about 11am. Due to a traffic event just north of Tucson, they were almost 45 mins late, but we still had a great time going through the aquarium. Now I am not much for these kind of things, and I don't like to do a lot of walking, but the joy of watching Doodad get all excited over some of the fish/animals she saw well was worth it.

We spent a good two hours going through the aquarium, then they invited us to lunch to a place the SIL really liked. Called 'Cornish Pasty Co' and it is sort of British-based as the menu is meat pies - so many different ones! I settled for an Italian, with the meats wrapped in nice crust with a marinara dipping sauce. I did manage to clean my plate, but it was VERY filling. Whilst waiting for the dessert, the kids gave the Wife and I presents. A late Mother's Day for her and an early Fathers Day for me. Both were T-shirts the Daughter had made.


I was a bit slow, thinking at first it was hand prints of Doodad over the past years (she's 7). Then saw the years on the hands didn't seem right. Oh, those are the birth years of my kids, and Doodad....but the last one 2025 is off as it is only 2024. Then I saw the writing. I admit it, I cried. The kids are expecting a second child in late January, so I'm going to be a Papaw again. I don't have a pic of the Wife's shirt, but it was similar in fashion, using a heart design. We both are excited.

After the events of the day, by the time I made it to the Post yesterday, I was just drained. I didn't win the $16.4k int he drawing, but I did win $57 in pull-tabs. Today will be a day of rest for me, and mental prep for tomorrow to return to work. This portion of the project was supposed to last only 2 weeks, but we are over that now, and not sure how much more before they move us on to something else. All I know, this whole thing better last the four months they said it would.....

Guess that's all I got now.

PeacE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats

Joe