Thursday, January 7

Bright-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed

 Not.

I am not a morning person. I think everyone in the world, that has seen me in the mornings, knows this for a true fact. I've been called a 'grouchy, old bear' at times, and the moniker is fairly accurate, as I grumble and shuffle sleepily about the start of my day. There are a few mornings, that I actually wake up (to the alarm or whatever) where I am just.... awake. I cannot think of a morning I was ever happy and joyous to awaken. I am sure as I get older, that may change. Being alive on a daily basis alone may cause that.

So yesterday didn't go the way many of us planned. I am sure there will be many blogs and Facebook posts about how happy/sad people are of the outcome of the final confirmation of the Presidency of the United States. I know over the past few weeks, friends of mine (who just happen to share my opinion) have spoken of social unrest if this were to come to pass (and now it has). I even state the possibility of a social unrest, better called a civil war. Believe it or not, a select few of us have discussed getting our families to safety should the population of our area go into severe unrest. We have talked about what we are willing to do if things get that bad. I don't like to think about it, but better prepared than not.

Started work a bit later than usual yesterday. Also moved onto the next level of the project. Much more detail-oriented, and time consuming, but once I got through the first part, and the Team Lead said I was doing fine, then I got cruising. It feels like it has been a long time since I felt so unsure of my what I was doing. At times yesterday, I felt I was "thrown against the wall" just to see what sticks with me, and what I would do. Evidently, I passed. Though, I am saddened again thinking about the amount of work on the table for this phase, will probably run out today, and then who knows where I will be shuffled off to.

Guess I should get out of here, and see to what other things I need to do prior to starting work.

PeacE

No comments: