Wednesday, January 27

Well, That Happened ....

 The past couple of days have been spent with me trying to get things done. Actually, more things than normal. Monday we had a rain front come through. Not a bad thing for the desert, and it is always good to get precipitation. However, it included some wind gusts, 40-60 mph ones, that sometimes take it out on the scenery. That being said, there was a small micro-burst that happened about a block from my house. Out on the busy street, it dropped at least two power-line poles. Which killed the power for about 2,600 people in the area. The Wife made the call to the power company, and they expected power to be restored by 5:30pm (it went out at 1:45pm). We sat around until about 4 then I hade the Wife drop me off at the pub.

While there, the Wife sent me a pic from the backyard. I guess that micro-burst had also knocked down at least 2 panels of the wood fence in the yard. On the other side, the neighbors tree has partially broken off and was hanging over the fence. Crap! We had just last year replaced 9 panels of the back fence from a storm that had blown it over. Now more. And now it was nearing 6pm, power was not on still. My Sis called and said she heard power was going to be out until 4am. I got busy and booked a hotel room for us for the night. I also made plans for the Youngest and I for school/work since we both need wifi. I already have to make up a little over 2 hours of work with the power outage.

The middle Son came by about 6am to the house, verified power and internet were back up. We checked out and headed home. I saw RM was talking about making some chili, and teasingly texted her asking when was dinner. She was nice enough, and I am sure she loved doing it, but brought by some chili at lunchtime, which very quickly disappeared. The chili took me back a few years, as RM makes it different than I do.

I did put in an extra half hour yesterday at work, and today will try to do that amount, and more. Somedays it is hard to do more than the 8 hours. It truly is a lot of reading, and though I love to do that, the content is sometimes not fun. Our current project was supposed to end this week, but has now been extended to about mid-February.

So at some point this week, I need to order some fence panels, posts and pick up some miscellaneous supplies to fix the fence. Finish making up the missed hours at work. Get another car donated and towed away. On top of the normal life things. I'm tired just thinking about it.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

and your sister makes it different than I do. She also made chili that day and she and I had it that night. No pasta. Different taste. And that's ok. We all do it differently. I didn't have any elbow or shell macaroni and had to use spaghetti. Didn't have cayenne so used Ro-tel tomatoes with green chilis trying to spice mine up. Just had chili powder and it didn't seem to do it. All in all, I thought it was very good. :-) I love chili on a cold wet day! And yes, I did love doing it and running it over to you. :-)