Friday, January 29

Let's Get This Done

 I am ready for this week to be over. With Monday's storm results, and just trying to make up the missed work time, this week has just felt like it has fragged on and on. Today I will finish up making up the missed time from work, but still means an extra hour today.

Tomorrow the Wife and I will be heading to Lowe's/Home Depot to see about getting some fence panels and posts (plus hardware) to get the fencing fixed. It will have to be delivered as we have no vehicle to transport the 6'x8' panels. Last time we ordered, it took several weeks to get delivered due to the incompetence and miscommunications within the store. Hopefully, those issues won't happen this time.

Sometimes I don't understand some businesses. A few days back, the Wife (who has been working on going through her Mom's things still) had heard of a place that would take in blankets and coats/jackets to be distributed to the homeless. She worked at getting many of the spare coats/jackets stored and also blankets from closets in order to get them to this place. I never realized we had so many blankets. I told her I had no problem with giving them away, as long as it was not any of the quilts that had been made or passed through the family to us. Either way, yesterday she had gotten these items all together (about 2-3 large garbage bags) and loaded them up to take in. She was gone a couple hours. I was on the verge of texting her, thinking she had problems, when she came back home, disgruntled. Obviously, I asked what happened. Seems this company does not deal with public donations. They do hand out those items to homeless, but evidently only when it comes from blah-blah-blah. Yeah. I had quit listening already. In short, they wouldn't take the donation. Try to do something good, and this crap. So looks like the stuff will end up going to Savers/Goodwill.

I admit I have been doing that quite a bit lately. The thing where I am listening, until I am not. It seems my brain takes in the information until it says 'okay not interested anymore' and just tunes it all out. Truthfully, it happens more with my Wife than anyone else. Of course, she has a tendency (in my opinion) to prattle on about things that have nothing to do with the 'story' or explanation - like yesterday's trip. It's like hearing a story from somebody with ADD, that has to explore every tangent and offshoot, while they tell the tale. Sigh. The things I have to work on.....

I guess that is about all I got to talk about right now.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Have her call Upward Foundation. They work with disabled children. I donate there frequently - and they pick up whatever you have - clothes, furniture, books, etc. Plus they call about every 60 days to see if you have anything you want picked up. They also have a thrift store on 7th Street. Ask her to call them and see if she can drop the items off there. Another option would be St. Vincent de Paul (there is one at 35th Ave & T-Bird that could take them. If I've started a stash of things, I like it when Upward Foundation calls me and schedules when they can be in my area. They loved me when we moved - they nearly filled up the entire truck! LOL (small truck).