Monday, January 4

Starting to Catch On to the Info

 Today started out as a good one. I awoke refreshed and ready to get in front of the computer, and get to work. That did happen. At the earliest start time available to me on this current project, I logged my start time, opened the needed programs, gave a notification I was online thru Teams, and started working. This project was given a time period of 1-2 weeks for completion.

About 3pm, with still an hour to go for my 8-hour workday, I noticed the 'batched' files of information we go through was starting to dwindle down. If it was just me working, there might have been another couple hours of work, but with about ten others (though, admittedly they are much slower than I) it wasn't going to last an hour. I mentioned in Teams that we were getting low, and were there going to be more added? They sometimes do that. I was told that when we were out, that there would be announcement about our next step.

Within 30 minutes I was done, and the final items were signed out, meaning there was no work for me to do. No announcements were made. I decided to mark my time I finished, and hang out for a bit to see if I could still get in another half hour, if something were to come up. Finally, 20 minutes later someone else mentioned that there was no more work, and were we wrapping up the FLR (my current job). Then there was the announcement, that this was it for FLR, and to watch our personal email accounts for updates if we were continuing to the next phase of this project, or being re-assigned. I have been re-assigned at least 6 times now in the past 3 or so weeks. 

So now I am beginning to realize, the 'Project Duration' is for the ENTIRE project - not just the First Level Review. So a shorter project of 1-2 weeks means maybe 2-3 days of work at my level. Sigh. I need to get into a higher level of review, so I can be used longer on these projects. But with only barely 2 months under my belt, I am sure it will be awhile before they see my stats and are willing to 'bump' me up.

Looks like I will be waiting now. Joy.

PeacE

No comments: