Sunday, January 3

I'm Still Here....

 I went to church this morning. The lightning bolt didn't appear. I didn't catch on fire, nor melt away, now disappear in a blinding flash of light followed by the musical horns of God's orchestra. Not sure why I went. I think it was because the night before I had gone out and had a few drinks, and for some reason offered to go in the morning with the Wife if she wanted to go. Either way, she woke and we went. Took the youngest Son as well. I had basically quit attending many years ago, due a few different reasons. I'm not going to get into that right now, but one of the main reasons was because I didn't like the pastor. Specifically, the way he shared the message/lesson/passage interpretation. It is the typical 'sometimes you don't can't understand what the teacher is explaining, but another one makes it crystal clear'. I would go once in awhile, usually when they had a new preacher start up. This was no exception. It was one I had not met/heard yet, and thought it couldn't hurt to go. They are starting a small series regarding marriages, and today's sermon was pretty short, but I may have to go a couple more weeks to make a determination if I like this guy or not. Though the church has down-sized quite a bit from my teenage years, this morning there were maybe 20 people there. No one I recognized, though the Wife said there are several that do attend that I would know, just with the holidays and Covid, maybe it wasn't this week. We decided to do brunch afterwards, and went to a place near home called Ronnie's Cafe. Real good food portions for a good price. It's 8pm now, and I am still not hungry from the food I had this morning.

Tomorrow starts the regular work week routine of Monday to Friday. School starts back on Tuesday for the youngest, though they are still doing the 'at-home login from the computer' learning still. No word on when that will change. Basically it based off the "safe/green" levels of "covid infection" and that is always two weeks behind (here at least) and has been in the yellow since November. My guess is that they will finish out the year online schooling...though that is five months long.

I read RM's blog before writing this post, and now she has me craving cookies....

PeacE

No comments: