Wednesday, January 13

Sometimes It's the Little Things

 The other night, RM finally brought me over some cookies she had baked. She had been mentioning for several days, on her blog mind you, about making some white chocolate chip macadamian nut cookies, specifically for me as she knows I love them. Of course, she talked about other things, like the 21-Day Fast she and PT had started. Being the RM she is, of course talking about fasting and giving things up for Christ, she asked her readers what they are willing to give up. I frankly told her in comments I was going to give up talking to my mother for 21 days because she kept teasing me with cookies. I got them the next day.

Yes it is funny. And I meant it truly in a teasing way, which I am sure RM took as such. But I actually thought about it. I don't speak much to RM. Or text. Or call. Usually it is because I don't think there is much to talk about. I post things here, she posts thing on her blog. If there was stuff to catch up on, it'd be family stuff that neither of us posted. But maybe I should do that. Just send a text to say hi every now and then. I know she wouldn't argue about it. Of course, I'll still try to do the lunches every few months when I can.

I was over at the old house a couple days ago. There have been some changes from when we lived there. Tree out front is gone. Front and back lawns are stripped to the ground, I am guessing they are going to re-seed and fertilize. I did sort of walk-through and see where some wood paneling had been removed, and the shelves from the storage room were removed. All to get it prepped for paint, etc. Whatever it takes to sell it. Went back over last night to move the van that doesn't run. Had to "tow" it back down the RV drive a bit towards the street so the Kars4Kids will be able to pick it up. The tow service won't do it if it is too far up the drive - they aren't allowed to back up the drive to pick it up. I donated online last night, and expect a call sometime today from the tow to  arrange a time. One more thing off my mind once it is picked up.

Finally got in a good 8 hours of work yesterday. Will probably try to do up to 10 today (max I can do) just to try to make up some from Monday.

Can't think of much else.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

Yes, I knew it was in fun and I took it that way. But it DID motivate me to get the cookies baked! So now I am wondering.... are they as good as the Subway ones you talk about? Do I need to keep this recipe or work on finding another (sometime)? :-) Glad you like them.