Wednesday, January 6

Drinking and Early Don't Mix

 I finished out the workday yesterday around 5pm, on a separate project than I which I started the day. The one we ended up on, was told to be a VERY short one, and in actuality, finished up this morning. More about that in a minute.

So I finished the workday, and decided I would go out and have a few drinks with my buddy. We met up, had a couple, then another couple we know shows up. We have a couple more drinks. Next thing I know it is midnight, and I need to get home. Get home safely (Uber) and getting up this morning was no fun. I did make it up before 8am though, and logged into work.

I see there are a couple pieces of work that need to be finished on yesterday afternoon's project, so I start in. A half hour into it, and I am done. I did receive an email this morning stating we are moving into the next phase of the previous project around 10:30 this morning. I have never been on the "next phase". Talking with my buddy last night, that referred me to this job a year ago, and he thinks that this project group I am in this time (about 10 people) may be being groomed to learn the next phase(s). Sounds good to me! Longer on a project and more work to do!

Other than that, not much else to write about today. Middle Son stopped by yesterday on the way to the 99cent store. He was nice and bought me a couple packages of Little Debbie brownies (which I love) and a 2-liter of Mountain Dew (also love). He visited a bit with the Wife, and headed home for bed (he had worked overnight). Glad he stopped by even if I could only visit for a minute or two. Gifts are always nice.

PeacE

No comments: