Monday, January 18

No Post Title

 It's Monday, again, and I am up and ready to go at 6:30am. Normally that is a good thing as it gives me time to get more awake prior to starting work. Except today. Today is a state holiday being Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, and no school, no mail, and for me, no work. Which means to make 40 hours this week I would have to do 4-ten hour days. That ain't happening. Fortunately, I do not HAVE to do that, though many of my co-workers ask all the time for extra hours. I guess it is good to have a financial cushion and not HAVE to have to do the extra time.

The Wife, Youngest Son and I went to Applebee's last night for dinner. Wanted to try someplace "different" than our regular out to eat spots. I had the BBQ brisket tacos, with fries and cole slaw. I have been spoiled, and noticed right away with one bite that the slaw was terrible, and dry. Fries were lightly seasoned and not bad. The tacos were pretty good, having bbq brisket meat, and some fried onions on top, in a flour tortilla. But there were only three small tacos. The Wife and Son had did their $22 for 2 special, and then my dinner, plus drinks the bill wasn't bad, but overall the prices vs serving size isn't that great. Maybe that was why it had been several years since we ate there. I think our last time was about 2-3 year ago when our friends Mike and Leah came out. I think they picked the restaurant then, as well.

Today I am sure I won't be doing much. Playing some Warcraft. Maybe watch a few more episodes of "Yellowstone". Maybe a movie I got saved on Netflix. I got all day to do nothing.

PeacE

No comments: