Monday, January 25

Cajun Cakes

 I sincerely hope, that after reading today's post title, that you are not expecting some soft patois, or a recipe for some Down South cooking, or anything much related to that region. Nay, no Creole, crawdads, or 'Deliverance' situations. 

This morning's post comes early for me. I woke up an hour plus before I even wanted, or needed, to be up. With no apparent cause ... again. As I laid there, trying to get back to the land of Nod, the mind turned on and somehow I knew that Mr. Sandman's twinkle dust was of an inferior quality when he dispensed last night, and any possible effect it may have had was gone. I began to think about what am I going to do with an extra hour in my schedule this morning before work, and decided I should put it to use with the possibility of entertaining the one, maybe two, of you readers. So I began to think about what could I write about today.

Aging and Aches. That was going to be the title today. I'm feeling both today, and have the past few days. I mentioned on Friday about my hips (and knees, and shoulders, and back, and hands) all being achey. I narrowed the cause down to the weather - it being suddenly a bit chillier in AZ than the norm, and let's add in some barometric changes and wet weather as well. I know we always seem to need precipitation in any form here in the desert, and last year was like the 6th (I think) driest we have had in many years. But that weather has lingered through the weekend, and I know yesterday evening we had a bit more rain. This morning, it is a bit chillier than normal, or maybe it was just my impression coming from a warm bed. The phone informs me it is only about 47 degrees. My joints feel it.

The overcast and cloudy skies has made it a bit of notice for the Wife as well. Not only does she have migraines from scents (which she hasn't been able to smell much since April) but cloudy weather will kick them off as well. Most mornings she can tell how cloudy it is by how her head feels, prior to even getting out of bed. Yesterday, we both lay in bed, debating if we were going to get up and attend church that morning. I finally admitted defeat, and said I was not feeling up to it, that the aching was just not worth getting up out of bed and fighting to go sit (uncomfortably). So we basically cat-napped a couple hours more.

Back to this morning... By the time I got around about there, laying in bed, mentally noting what I was going to say, and how, that the urge to do the morning absolutions made itself known. Yeah. That 'back to sleep' thing was NOT happening.

So here I sit, waiting for the acetaminophen and daily allergy pill (that doesn't seem to work) to kick in, and trying to figure out if there is anything more to add today. Not really. But I did say something wrong earlier. Once I typed that line, this video stuck out in my head... Enjoy. 


PeacE

No comments: