Monday, January 11

Thoughts and Whines for a Monday

 The alarm went off this morning, set for the usual time when I know I have a project in which to get started. Feeling a little tired still, I shut that one off, knowing a had a second (and third) set for 15 minutes later. I 'dozed' back off, only to wake 13 minutes later, and decided I might as well get up. As habit for me, after the morning's requirements, I checked my emails to find one regarding the new project starting today. Our initial meeting to go over the protocols isn't until 11:30am, so now I am up roughly five hours before I needed to be. Sigh. At least it is work though.

Might as well go through my regular daily routine, rather than go back to bed for a few hours, I went and read RM's blog. Then a couple other favorites. Seems the "talk" of civil unrest, and much about "end times" comes up. Yet, I can't recall seeing anything about Covid for once. Saturday night I had decided in an alcohol-induced intelligence to deactivate my Facebook account. My buddy J, an attorney, and I had been talking about some of the crap going on this last week, and said he doesn't do social media, mostly to stay uninvolved in the comments/spoutings of the 'raving public'. Aside from that, the only family he has to stay in touch with live locally, and he speaks/sees them almost daily. So I did it. But come Sunday morning, it was re-activated, as I just felt the ability to stay in touch with family was easier through this platform than any other.

As I browsed through FB last night, the sheer number of rantings I saw was ... somewhat embarrassing. People I had considered having normal, rational behavior/responses were copying posts from others about the end time. Other posts were of the Cabal of Rich. A time of Martial Law. Arresting of the corrupt politicians. Electrical black-outs (though did not specify where, how many, or why). The start of a Civil War. And of course, let's not forget to add about Trump staying in office, as the leaders of the Dems would be jailed, and proof would be acknowledged (don't know by whom) that this last election was rigged, tainted, destroyed by other countries. Whew! I wonder if I should have waited until next month to re-activate that FB account. Sigh.

Either way, what's done is done. In all things. Que sera sera. Should our city/state become so lawless, as the old days of the Wild West, I'll deal with it to protect my family to the best of my ability. Several friends and I have discussed possibilities, and possible actions we would take to do this, including "banding together" in a remote area. I truly hope it dies not come to that. Sigh.

Everyone seems to be getting in the game of sharing their viewpoint. The Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, the unknowns - I even saw a couple videos that had self-proclaimed biblical prophecy teachers (is that a thing?) saying how this all ties into the Bible. Could be. In just my short 49 years, I have seen that one used quite a bit. Anytime something doesn't go right, or match a certain person's views, it is end times. Revelations coming to pass. Verse after verse is quoted that match the current day events ... only, the verses are sporadic, and are taken out of context (my opinion). Sigh.

I don't claim to know what may lay ahead. I don't claim to be unbothered by the events unfolding on a daily basis. Concerned? In many ways. Jumping on the proverbial band wagon(s)? Not a chance.

In the meantime, I still have bills to pay, a life to live, and a family to love.

PeacE

No comments: