Friday, April 15

Well, That Was Quick ...

 Yesterday I received a call from the appraiser who had been out to look at the vehicle. As I had been thinking, they are considering the vehicle being "totaled". Then he proceeded to give me a figure he arrived at based on the appraisal he completed, comparables, and the going price. Needless to say, even minus my deductible amount, the figure was higher than I was expecting. In fact, I am able to honestly say that it is more than I paid (at the dealership) when I bought it a year ago. He explained some paperwork I need to complete and FedEx back to him with the title and key(s) for the vehicle, then emailed all the stuff. I'll be doing that tomorrow morning - getting the title and POA notarized, then stop at FedEx to send it. After they get it, they will release the funds.

So that means the rental I just picked up the other day will need to returned mid next week. I have a doctor's appointment Monday later in the day, and I am sure he will order me to get labs done again. So hopefully I can pre-schedule an appointment for the labwork prior to seeing the doctor. Then figure out when I will take the car back and get a ride home.

So, that part of this whole ordeal is pretty much over. I'll let the insurance companies fight over who is responsible and blah blah blah. I met up with my attorney last night and let him know the status of what I was last told fromt he insurance company. When I mentioned that the other party had informed those involved he had added an attorney into the proceedings, my Atty just laughed. 'It's because he knows he is at fault and is running scared' he told me. 'If he was not at fault, he would just wait for the insurance to pay him off. Since he brought an attorney into this, he has to know he is at fault and is preparing to try to fight it'. I believe that, after all, I know I had a green arrow when I started into the intersection. Add in some other factors (flipped my car onto the side shows he was traveling at a higher rate of speed) and that I have not been cited as of today for anything.

Sigh. It is some pressure off me at last. I have been feeling anxiety and stress everytime I had to think about the accident - the details of what happened, etc. With having a settlement figure now, I told the Wife last night that we might run up to the dealership and take a look at what they have available. I think I am going to get another Rav4 LE AWD like this one was. It has been a good vehicle this last year, for trips, for Goodwill trips, and just taking family/friends around. Great gas mileage, many features I like (bluetooth, etc.) and maybe with a 2022 model I can get the push-to-start feature.

Either way, need to get back to work (on a break) so need to end this for today.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

and I'm smiling cause prayers really do work. :-) Not always in our favor, granted, cause we are not always given what we want. However, you did get favor in your car circumstances, which is a good thing.