Sunday, April 24

What Weekend?

  Oh, how the weekend flew by. Yesterday we did get done all the things I wanted to get done. Breakfast, bank, prescription pick-up, then the afternoon of dealerships. Yes, plural. Online I had seen the Rav4 I wanted and this dealership is the only one that showed it available. So we went down there, and of course, it was gone. In fact, all of their Rav4 vehicles were out - except for pre-owned, which I wasn't really wanting. On a whim, we came back up to the one closer to us (where I had been before) and tossed the thought around of maybe upgrading to a Highlander, but I just couldn't see spending that much (over the amount I got from the insurance). Ended up getting a pre-owned Rav4 - a 2021 XLE AWD. Pretty much everything I had before, including a roof rack, lift kit (why would they put one on it) and some all-season tires. I'm guessing whoever had it before did some driving in the desert here in AZ. One onwer had owned it for 10 months, but managed 21K miles. And it is white. Not a color I like on vehicles per se, but it was this or wait until May when the next deliveries were made to dealerships. So I have a 'new' car.

I started the new meds yesterday as well. I've been feeling a little off - kind of loopy, and tired. I am sure it the body adjusting not only to the higher dosage BP med, but adding in the diabetes and cholesterol meds have probably helped in feeling this way. Hopefully it will clear up in the next couple days. I also feel more achey, particularly in my chest bones. I am sure they were bruised slightly from the accident, and the new meds kind of make me feel it more than I had been. Weird, right? This mornign I started the glucose metering, and of course, that means a log of my sugar count and BP each day. Pills in the morning, at night, with food, blah blah blah. I'm starting to feel like my grandparents. The Wife even jokingly asked if I needed her to get me a pill box, that designates the day, morn-noon-night catagories so I can fill it up for the week to be sure I am taking the meds at the right time. Needless to say, she laughed at the look I gave her.

I did go down to the VFW last night. I hadn't been there since before the accident. They had some memorial event for a motoircycle club rider, and it was packed. I read a bit, had a couple beers, then left to meet up with a friend. Had a couple more beers, then headed home. Today I pretty much lazed about in front of the computer. Played some Warcraft, watched some videos, did social media, caught up on emails. I feel like a nap now, but being near 6pm I shouldn't, otherwise I won't sleep well tonight, making getting up for work a bear. Even though I usually am a bear when I wake early.

Got things planned out to get done this week, but don't know what days I will get them done. For sure I am taking the rental back tomorrow. Cut the rental fees down, though, I'm sure whatever fees I save will go towards the windshield due to the crack, and also the deposit. Hopefully not more than that. Still need to try to get to the police station for my keys and license (if they still have them there). Also need to get the registration and my specialty plate down to DMV to get that changed over, and a refund, as I paid two years back in march on my plate, and now a year on the new vehicle.The insurance company said they were going to just put the settlement into my account, but in yesterday's mail, I received a check from them. So that means a trip to the bank some day this week. Plus regular work. I hate adulting sometimes.

The Wife is wanting me to go look at some stuff stored out in the 'garage'. Bulk trash pick up is this week, and we always try to get out more of the stuff at those times that were hoarded here, that we know Goodwill/Savers won't take. Someone will be happy, as there is quite a few metal bedrails that we are going toput out. I told the Wife it was not worth the energy/effort for us to find a place to scrap the metal, take it there, etc. Throw in some of those outdoor blinds you use on patios. They are jsut old and falling apart. I think she said there are a couple boxes of old stereo equipemnt and speakers that she is putting out as well. Why the heck did her parents keep this kind of junk? Oh well, at least it is being gotten rid of now.

PeacE

No comments: