Thursday, April 7

Why Am I Working Today?

Because I like a paycheck. Normally I really like my job, even with my frequent whines about the amount of time between projects sometimes, or the thought of how messed up the management is at times. I've been on this current project about a week now, and it is at the higher paygrade because the work is more intensive. Most days I am mentally numb after my eight hours. Today though,it is a doozy and it is barely mid day. Having an issue with a couple documents, and trying to get my point across in an intelligent manner, full describing my issues with the Manager and Team Leads ... Somewhere in our chat the meaning got lost completely. It took a good 30 minutes to get them to see what I was seeing, which they admitted I was right. Then another 15 minutes to see how they wanted me to handle it. In the end, I was told to "skip" them and move on, so I did. But now I am mentally drained before I am halfway through the day. Sigh.

Not much going on this week. Saturday will be meeting up with RM and PT for a breakfast/brunch. Then that afternoon there is a gender reveal "party" for one of my neices. Personally I could care less about having a gender reveal party, but am going to show support for her. Like her father (my brother) she has made some bad decisions and hopefully will learn from them - unlike my brother at times.

Guess I should get back to the workload. At least two more weeks (we are told) on this project at least.

PeacE

No comments: