Sunday, April 17

So, I Went Shopping ...

 Yeah. Me. Shopping. Not the kind where I meander all over the place and look at everything (like some people I know). I went shopping, like a Man. I walked into that Toyota delalership knowing what I wanted, what I willing to pay, and they better have it. They didn't. But, as it turns out, they are due a shipment of vehicles 4/25-4/30 that actually has exactly what I want on the trailer. It's a 2022 Rav4 LE AWD, *AND* it is the same color as my old one. I didn't put a reservation on it ($3000) because that monies would not be applied to the pricing. In other words, throwing $3K out there just to secure it. Naw, I'll ltake my chances. So we talked a bit more, and I found out the price I would pay since I am not financing. All in all, a good afternoon. Just waitng the call when it comes in.

I'm still in pain. The cuts on my leg are healing well, for scratches/cuts. The swelling in my shoulder has gone down. Bruising is starting to slowly fade away. But my chest still hurts. Just below the neck area. Feels like the bone(s) are bruised. I wonder when the air bag deployed, either the force of it, or it and maybe an arm) was thrust so hard, that it feels this way. It has been slowly getting better, and I noticed rolling over in bed, etc, was not as painful this morning. But the pain is still enough it distracts me, even when sitting idle. Hopefully I will be mostly back to my normal here this week.

It is Easter Sunday. We haven't given out baskets of candy on this day for years. With most of the kids grown and out of the house, why bother? Though, I do admit RM still does stockings for us kids at Christmas. Either way, we haven't gotten together (my kids/families) for Easter since they started getting older and moving out. The Middle Son had texted the other day, his work was being closed today, and he wanted to know if we had plans. Yesterday I tenatively said if he and his older brother wanted to, we could go to Dennys for lunch today, thinking it would be one of the less crowded places. He is to get back to me this morning. I would not be surprised if I do not hear from him, or they turn it down.

I think I am going to relax most of the day. The Wife will be working on final tax figures this afternoon. She always waits until the last minute, and refuses to pay  (her words - waste) $50 for Turbo Tax, when she thinks she has to figure out the figures anyways to enter it into the program. <shrug> What do I know? The Wife has tkaen this on many years ago, though I don't remember why.

Doctor's appointment tomorrow. Based on the somewhat record I have kept of my BP readings, I thin khe may increase my HBP meds a bit in the dosage. Maybe another 5-10 milligrams. I know he will send me out for lab work again. Some of the numbers from the last one were just weird. My blood sugar and A1C were sky high, to the point it was ridiculous. Though I don't know why - I had to fast 8 hours before I went. Needless to say I expect to do them again. In fact, I need to stop now and set up an appointment time for Tuesday, so I don't have to wait forever as a walk-in. There, done!

The Wife and I went out to dinner last night. I was craving some steak, so we went to Texas Roadhouse. We expected a wait (told 35-45) and an hour later we finally got our seat. We did get our appetizer and drinks fast, but waited nearly 35 minutes for the food, which arrived somewhat just above room temperature. It was possibly our worst experience at this restaurant. I was a bit disappointed, but the food was still good, and both of us were taking home at least half, if not more, of the meal home. I just couldn't eat it all. Another good thing, as I am working on weight loss.

Welp, the day is wasting away, and I haven't done much as of yet, so I should get going.

PeacE

No comments: