Thursday, May 11

Thursday Brings Good Things

 Had my 6-month check-in with the doctor yesterday. It went pretty much as I had expected. She decided to 'up' my diabetes meds. Looking at the after report, looks like a third medicine, or it could be a replacement for one of the others. I'll figure it out when I go to Walgreens tomorrow. I also made sure she renewed the other meds and items so they don't expire. She ordered labs to be done, no surprise, and I have that scheduled for tomorrow as I have to fast. That will determine if she needs to change my cholesterol, which she can notify me by mail of if needed. Scheduled a follow-up for three months due to new meds. Overall, not a bad check-up considering my health. She also completed the handicap placard application, though stated she will do only temporary ones for at least the first couple of times. I pointed out that I have been using my cane for going on several years, but she wouldn't budge. Just means I will need to renew it every six months for now. Still get to have one if needed though.

Since yesterday morning, I also received notification I am approved for a couple more books to read/review. I still need to write up reviews for tow I have finished this week. Looks like my reading time is taken up for the next week, but at least it is for books I selected, even if there is that possibility that I don't care for it.

Today, early this afternoon I finally heard from the Company. They have what we call a 2nd level project doing CDR work that is expected to last "quite some time". I have worked with the Review Manager before, and I am sure things will go just fine. And if it truly does last for a good length of time, I am not worried. After three months of nothing, to get into a longer lasting project is good.

The facility where the Wife works gave notice to the employees today, that they are now "mask optional" for work. At least they now have the option to wear one or not. Granted they were down to just the basic mask versus that and an N95 like during the outbreak. Good news for her.

Sounds like a pretty good last couple of days if you ask me.

PeacE

No comments: