Friday, April 7

I'm All Messed Up Today

 It all started the other day. I did not sleep any the other night, though not from lack of trying. Sleeping pills I have don't seem to do anything. The melantonin pills are worthless, too. So I am tired feeling already. I had to run the Youngest to an Italian restaurant, where the jazz bands were doing a concert (proceeds going to the band program). I had gotten back home for a short while, when the Wife calls. One of the tires had blown on her way home from work and couldn't change it herself. So I drove several miles out to help her. I'm glad I remembered to grab my kneepads, the ones with the hard outer shell. While breaking loose the lug nuts, I had a nice 'slip' and planted part of my face into the side of the car. Which of course, bent my glasses. Sigh. Not fixable. When that was finished, counting the drive time, it was going to be time to pick up the Youngest, so off I went again. Got home and was going to head out to meet with buddies (my regular Thursday routine) and my back-up pair of glasses will not work either. They are so blurry, like a dirty kind, and using soap, water, spit, I just could not get rid of the blur. I drove four blocks and the light glare was so bad and blinding, I had to go home and put on the bent pair.

I got home late. I'm feeling exhausted, and am hoping to sleep. I last checked the time near 2am, but finally fell asleep. The Wife woke me (very vague recollection) - must have been her telling bye before heading to work. I had set a few alarms, every two hours, because I knew I needed to get the tire up to repair shop today, plus some other things I wanted to get done. I slept thru at least one of the alarms, turned the other off and back to sleep. Finally waking at noon. Roughly a good ten hours. I know I needed it. And I'm sore ... knew I would be changing the tire, but I got things to do. I hurriedly got dressed to head out to get the tire fixed. UPS had been by (Oldest had texted he was expecting a package today) and had left the memo that it required signature. I evidently did not hear them knocking, and since the dog has passed, nothing was barking. Not that I could have been woken....

So off I go to the Discount Tire. They are closed 12-3 today in observance of Good Friday. Sigh. No way am I coming back at 3, to try to get the tire done before 6, with rush hour traffic. Moving on... I drive a few blocks over to the UPS Store. Before going in, I get on the phone for Google, and set up an appointment for 8:30am to get the tire repair done. I find out that the package won't be dropped off at the store until late today, or tomorrow morning, and I need to return tomorrow. Sigh. I'm still wearing the bent glasses...The eyeglass store is just up the road, but without setting an exam time, I don't know if I will be able to walk-in and get seen. And I'm hungry. I end up at Yogi's Grill and get the lunch beef and chicken bowl, then head home. Read RM's blog, then started today's post... and here I am.

Things I need to get done are still around me: Taxes, Yardwork - notice they are capitalized? Sigh. A friend from the Post had asked me for some help on a file. Seems it is supposed to be an Excel file, but loads wrong. I started to take a look at it yesterday, and it does have some problems. Going to play around and see if I can get it to convert properly for her. Sigh. More things.

I think I am going to ignore the world for awhile....

PeacE

No comments: