Thursday, April 27

Late Start Yesterday - Early Start Today

 I haven't been to bed yet. Correction: I haven't been to sleep. I think it is because I slept in a bit later yesterday morning (as did the Wife after dropping Youngest off at school). I laid down near midnight, and tried for an hour or so before just getting up so as not to wake the Wife. I came into the office, thinking to watch a movie or something, but  started looking at some of the book sites I go through, and pulled in some more authors/books I want to try reading - meaning, these are already published pieces, not necessarily for a review (though I could do one still). I then went to my ebook library program (Calibre, if you must know - which is completely free to use) and started comparing that to my 'Want To Read' list on Goodreads.com - and there were some I removed from that list, and some I removed from my library. I try not to keep books that I just didn't like, so anything in the 'Books Read' library, are probably books I enjoyed or am willing to recommend to someone. I have like over 30 sections in the entire library, as I try to sort the books out ie) a longer series, or collection of series that continue the long story. Some I just have by author name, as that author wrote many books (mostly series in my library) like Lincoln Child & Douglas Preston writing the Pendergast series (separate from their individual books written) (also, 'The Relic' the first book, was made into a movie, but the series character Agent Pendergast, was not in the movie - weird fact).

Okay, okay. I just spent another 45 minutes going to check one thing, and then found some more books to get, plus wasting that time instead of finishing this post....

So last Saturday I had met my brother up at the Post. He had asked about me going up north this weekend to visit his kids. I scoffed and said something along the lines of 'Like they want to see me'. But I guess they do. His wife (notice she only gets a small 'w') isn't going, so I thought about it. I was thinking this could be good, as he and I don't get 'alone' time where we can talk. But then I found out there was a friend of the kids that he was planning on picking up and taking as well (there and back). Well, I told him I needed to talk to the Wife, and see what she thought. Then I get a call from him today, that there was another small change in plans - I am not sharing here, as it is not mine to do so, but it is a consequence of him not raising his children very well, in my opinion. 

Well, the Wife and I had our lunch date (went to Cracker Barrel, and it was hmm, okay. I brought up about this possible trip, and she thought it would be good for us to have some time together. So I said I would go. I'm paying for two nights at the hotel, and he is paying for the gas (about $5/gal right now). I demanded we take my car (better gas mileage, plus the AWD should the need arise). Plan is to leave Friday late morning I think, and return by Sunday evening. It shall be an interesting trip..... hoping I can get some reading time in as well.

Besides packing a backpack with a couple days worth of clothes, and getting the hotel reservation done, not much on my plate of things to do today. I know I am meeting some buddies around 5pm when the NFL draft starts today. For the past few years we have always met up to watch round one, regardless where our teams pick in the order. Just like to see who we get, and who got whom. I mostly do it to hang out with friends, as I can't keep sports facts in my head like they do. Never could, but some stupid trivial fact, and I'll never forget it. Sigh.

I think I might work on my music list on Spotify, so will have some good traveling music. Might play some Warcraft. Might even be nice to get a nap in, but at this rate, I may pass on that so I will sleep good this evening. Who knows what will happen...

Edit: I never did get to sleep. I did lay back down, but couldn't even nap. So gonna be a long day ....

PeacE

No comments: