Wednesday, April 12

Wednesday's Child

 I remember back in my younger days in the central Indiana area, one of the local news stations used to do a spot called Wednesday's Child. I don't rightly remember what it was about: some kid that was going through major medical, or did some exceptional thing. I truly don't remember. But I do remember the song that was associated with the segment that ended with: "...Wednesday's child is full of love." Today my Wednesday child came over.

Middle Son shows up, at just after 7am, to help install the ceiling fan in our bedroom. I was still in bed, and he said I could sleep longer, but I didn't need him sitting around waiting on me, so I got up. Of course, when replacing something that is 'who knows how old' with something more modern, there are always things that don't match up correctly. Throw in the "family luck" and things get worse. Today was mild. A couple small things went wrong, but weren't terribly detrimental to the fan working. One electrical issue we had to do a little internet searching to make sure of the correct solution. Overall, it went well, and was done within two hours (including a couple small breaks). I am so appreciative my Son was available to help, as I don't think I could have done it myself. I slipped him some money, then told him we would tell Mom it is part of her Mother's Day from him.

So now it's mid-morning. I know at some point today I am needing a shower. All that sweating doing the job this morning. I think it can wait a couple hours. I may be able to move onto something else on my to do list....maybe.

PeacE

No comments: