Thursday, April 20

I've Got a Peaceful, Easy Feeling ....

This morning I awoke as the Wife's alarm going off about 6:10am. As I lay there a moment, I realized that I had slept all night, with no recollection of any wake-ups. This is the third night in a row this has happened, and I am pretty sure I know why: my CPAP part replacement came in on Monday. It feels wonderful! I feel so much more rested! And woke with this song in my head this morning....


That takes me back to some younger years ... as did RM's comment in her blog this morning. She brought up a (painful) memory about when I was younger and for some reason was prone to getting boils. I had had quite a few on my hip and lower back (inflamed from bug/tick bites?). My Dad was notorious for trying to pop them like zits, until the "seed" popped out. RM was talking about the old wives tales of certain fixings for certain scrapes, stings, etc, and had mentioned putting raw bacon on a boil - which we did try at least once I remember. We also tried ointments, hot water battles, and who knows what else - I can't remember them all. Luckily that was only a short phase during my life, because the only thing I remember most was Dad squeezing them and the pain!

Well, PT is having a birthday this Saturday. I went to text his this morning about meeting at the Black Bear Diner that evening for dinner with us. For some reason, my phone would not send the text, saying something about the service was not available. I tried twice. So then I rebooted the phone, and it now looks like it was sent (twice) but am not sure. Guess I will wait an hour or so to see if he replies, if not I'll message RM and see if he just forgot to respond....

No major plans today. Still have not heard from the Company, so no work. I'll probably end up playing some Warcraft after I finish my daily round of blogs, email, social media, etc. It is Thursday, so will probably meet up with a couple buddies for a couple brews tonight.

PeacE

No comments: