Saturday, April 1

Saturday Feels Over

 It is barely 10 am and I feel like this day has been completed and it is time to retire to bed. The Wife and I were up shortly after 4am to get ready, drive over and check-in for the hot-air balloon ride I had booked. We arrived ten minutes early, and I was shocked at how many people were there. We did our 'Liability" signatures, and after a short wait we were assigned to a van with our pilot, and away we went. I was somewhat amazed at how fast the crew gets a balloon set up and ready to ride. The Wife of course was snapping phone pictures at everything.

Once we were airborne, I began to feel a little anxiety, but as long as I was not looking directly down, the ride wasn't terrible. There were a couple times with the wind shift the basket would 'tremble' and I would hold tightly to the rail. Otherwise, it was a great time. The pilot was humorous, and everyone seemed to be enjoying it. There had to been close to 26 balloons in the area we were launching from, and the pilot said this was one of the best mornings for a flight. 

After landing, there was a champagne (or OJ) toast, which we did not partake of. Then it was back to the headquarters. From there, the Wife and I decided to stop somewhere for breakfast, but with the southbound side of I-17 closed (best route home for us) we rambled through some of the north side. I ended up picking a Waffle House (the on at I-17 and Bell, RM) as I haven't eaten there in a few years, and turns out the Wife had never been to one. I love how quick they are, and the good prices. They did not disappoint. I even recounted for the Wife about how RM used to take us three kids there growing up many, many years ago, in Indianapolis. I think I drove by that one (still there) several years ago.

So now we are home. The Wife is going to take a nap (I am sure, though she says no). She has plans with the Daughter tonight. I'll probably go to the Post this afternoon. Think it will still be an early night though. I am feeling tired already.

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

So glad you and your beautiful wife were able to make this special memory for your anniversary! Yes, I prayed for you both to have a good trip. :-) Moms do that. Love you more.