Tuesday, September 29

Getting Back Into the Groove

 I wonder how many times that was said by deep-voiced men being the DJ on late-night radio back when they played LPs.

My prayer time went 'over' this morning. Not sure why, or how. Figured God needed my attention longer, and held me there. I ain't complaining. There an HR for God? Anyway, I had several things pop up on my mind today that I felt compelled to talk to God about, not necessarily me, but some stuff. I know he heard me, as I felt a bit lighter in step afterwards. I had also started my prayer journal this last week, and I am surprised by how it has grown in just a short while. But I go through it every morning.

I have been feeling a bit better health-wise. I'm giving nods of thanks to all those involved, but I wonder if it the milk. As a kid, I loved milk, but it had to be Vitamin D. None of that skim, 2% or at times, straight from the cow. As I reached adulthood, the amounts of it I drank decreased. Moreso when I started drinking alcohol. Don't mix those two up! Needless to say, over this last year I have tried to drink more milk. I just cannot seem to get into the habit of having a glass a day. My last doctor visit at Mayo he had mentioned it would be good for me to get a on protein shake daily routine, with high protein. I've looked (online) at several products from Amazon, Wal-Fart, Walgreens, etc. but either it was rather expensive, or bad reviews saying it tasted terrible, or just had a low protein amount in it. Last Friday, RM had sent me home with a partial bag (resealable) of vanilla protein shake mix from a certain brand their doctor recommended for them. I started drinking it using milk instead of water (yuck) mixed in, and it is great tasting! Also a way for me to drink some milk daily! I still need to price this brand out, but it is looking good!

I said I felt my health was better, and it is somewhat. Today, my legs weren't as swollen this morning with Edema. My abdomen area looks more like it used to when all I did was paras (no Edema on the sides). My joints aren't as painful today (at this time). I am still going to the para tomorrow. The doctor is the next week, then soon after I hear about making the list or not.

I've debated about telling people what is going on with my medical and all. I have kept updated some family members (uncles, etc.) a couple really close friends, and of course, more immediate family. There are several people that know I am going through the process for the transplant, but it doesn't necessarily mean anything to them (AA group, etc.). When I make the List (positive thinking) I thought about just letting everyone know that I am on a List waiting. I know some that would like to know, and others that wouldn't care. At the same time I don't want to be a drama queen.

I think I just decided on that. No sharing. If someone asks, share. Don't ask, don't share.

And with that life-saving decision, I am moving on into the day.

PeacE

No comments: