Monday, September 28

Catching Up On My Boring Life ...

 Welp, it looks like I left off on Friday. Nothing was on the calendar that day, so I presume I just played games and attended my AA meeting. Oh! Wait! Now I remember! I went out to RM's to visit that morning, even though PT was going to be home. I also was to pick up an older computer, and a new camera that they had never used (USB for the computer). It was a decent morning. I did get asked by PT about why he and I don't get together for breakfast/lunch like we used to (several years ago). I reminded him it was when I asked him to give up his keys and quit driving (which he still hasn't). I would not ride with him, and I started not doing the meals because I did not want him driving and possibly hurting others. Then a job came, and I didn't have the time. He seemed pacified with the answer, and that is all he will get from me.

RM (as usual) ended up sending me home with a big bag of things: Vanilla Milkshake flavored protein shake mix (which is quite good), some no-bake breakfast bars with White chocolate Macadamian nut, some brown ones too - for Del -, 2 bags of regular colored peppers, a single use protein drink, and I know there was more, but can't remember it all. RM loves to give! We really liked the breakfast bars, and I started taking the protein drink each morning and it tastes good. I'll have to buy this brand, too. A bag of apples, too!

One of the reasons I had went out to the Westside was to go see to one of our Riders. He'd been in the hospital/rehab for several weeks, and I had a signed card for him. After personal debate, and ideas from RM, I decided to just mail the card (which I did). The walking and all would have been brutal for me, let alone having to visit. 

Near lunch I decided it was time to go. I headed to Peoria Discount by myself and hungry. I usually just buy a few snackies for myself and Youngest, and maybe the Wife if I find something I know she likes. Found a couple nice meat specials, and some drink stuff: Ginger Ale and Cranberry (I like it) Tropical Sprite, Lymonade Sprite and several different mixes of Ocean Spray Cranberry juice mixes. My favorite is the blueberry. Spent about $75 more than I meant to, but it will get used.

Home and unloaded, separated snacks out, and the rest of the evening was a normal one. Sunday I didn't do much of anything. We had a late lunch of El Pollo Loco and that burrito I like filled me up so much, I skipped dinner. This week is pretty skimpy, too. Today is the Daughter's birthday. I have a business meeting at 1pm for my AA group (member vote). Property taxes are due 10/1 and I have until 10/15 to pay the Wife's registration) no emissions required). That's all on the calendar.

So, knowing you ain't going to have any quality this week... I'll let you go... Here's a song I like.



PeacE

3 comments:

Rev Mom said...

Wow. Thanks for clearing out the tear ducts. And, it hit me this morning - I have an extra blender that you put the glasses on to make the shakes - was going to get rid of it - should have given to you! It's small; remind me next time I see you. Love you!

Ralphd00d said...

Not sure I need it. a few weeks ago you sent me with tea for the road in an older shake cup, and I saw it here, started using it. Works great!

Anonymous said...

not the same type, this one you can add ice to and it gets crushed to where the shake is literally a shake.... depending on how much ice you add. We don't use it - it's yours if you want to try it. Otherwise, we may get rid of it. I'm decluttering to your house, right? LOL