Tuesday, September 1

Count Down!

 I am literally counting down the hours to my paracentesis today. It is at 1pm. So, it is only practical I wake at 4:30am, to be sure I am awake in plenty of time. No, but that's what happened. Which is fine with me. I feel rested, and I get to extend my quiet time a little longer. I did get in two books yesterday that I had ordered. "Drop the Rock, which concentrates on the fundamentals and reasons for Steps 6 & 7 in AA. The other is "Drop the Rock ... A Ripple Effect" which is sort of a second book that tells how to use Step 10 to use Steps 6 & 7 everyday. I am not that far along yet, but I can read ahead and prepare for it.

I should have a third book coming soon "The Overthinkers Guide to Making Decisions: How to Make Decisions Without Losing Your Mind". Sounds like a spoof, eh? Well, it is a real book and I ordered it. 

Ugh! The pressure in my abdomen is terrible. The swelling in my legs is terrible. And as I ordered, or made sure was on auto-refill, my prescriptions with Walgreens, the two they are having issues renewing are the two diuretics. I see they are still listed in the Dr. at AZ Liver, and he is probably not happy with me. They had called about a month-two months ago, trying to schedule me to come in for some lab work (they do it in-office). I said no. I get enough done at Mayo, and they can contact them for that info versus me doing it again, and paying it (my insurance anyways) again and overall wasting my time driving there, etc. Besides, he was the one that referred me to Mayo! HE even said he was stepping back and letting Mayo have full control over my treatment and care. Now they pull this crap. Anyways, they won't renew it (probably without an appointment - not happening. I'll just add that on to my message to Mayo today, that since these two prescriptions are what the Radiologist changed (and I think need changed back) and I need some anyways, Mayo can take it over.

Seven hours. I decided not to do my regular AA group this morning. It ends at Noon, and I want to be already on my way to the hospital. I am almost always early to things, and this is no exception. It'd be nice if they are running a little ahead of schedule as well. I did try a new group the past week at 8am, strictly a book study/discussion, and turns out I knew about 3/4 of the people there from other groups! It was like walking in on the same meeting! But their book study is pretty good, and there isn't a "tag" session to have people discuss whatever the topic is. I don't mind sharing, if I have something. Seems lately quite a bit of discussions are geared more around the later Steps, and I don't know anything about them aside of what they are. So I usually pass with the "I'm still new in the program enough I have not made it that far".

Welp, I would love to waste more time here this morning, but have pretty much ran out of things for now.

PeacE

No comments: