I wasn't planning on making the obligatory post that it is my 55th birthday, and that I was pretty much going to try to NOT do anything productive today ... but 4:38am had a whole 'nother story. When did did get so much control over me? When I began losing track of it, or because I gripe about needing more of it? Either way, though there are several choices of things I could do at this insane hour, I figured I would put a shortie up.
Yesterday was a good day. Tiring, but good. I met up with one of my besties, Jeff, just up the road at a pub we used to go to occasionally. He had invited several mutual friends, his Dad, me ... not sure who else ... to come up and watch opening day for College Football. One of the first games on was Baylor Univ. and Auburn. His nephew plays for Baylor now, and got plenty of play time, as well as his name mentioned on television a few times, just that I saw. That kids is a Hoss!! Huge Defensive End! Well, Baylor lost by one, but I didn't see it. I made it to halftime, and let him know I was taking off. It had been a couple hours already, and I had previously let him know that was my limit before I start getting fatigued. Well, it's part true. That and being the only sober one there at halftime was not much fun. We made tentative plans for lunch soon.
I had mentioned mutual friends ... I personally had not told any of them except my buddy my medical stuff (he's my bestie, c'mon!) but I guess he had mentioned it to some of the guys. As I was telling Jeff bye, they kinda gathered round and would shake my hand, give me a hug, and say something like 'Hope everything goes well'. All of them. It was kind of a weird feeling having these guess that I know, but are more his old HS buddies, take an interest in me because of a liver transplant. It was touching, don't get me wrong. Just felt weird.
I was tired. I had nodded off for a few seconds a couple times near the half, but that could have been boredom as well. I sat there in the car (waiting on the a/c to get it cool - it was like 104 out) and decided to get moving. I had told the Wife my tentative plans for the day, and if they were to get done, I needed to get going. I went and got some hairs cut. I feel so much better now. Though, I had not seen this stylist at my location before, and if I do, I'm not going to use her. She took seemingly forever to just do a "0" on the sides and back. I am usually in and out in about 10 minutes ... this dragged into a half hour. They aren't paid for the time, but for the customer ... so no idea why she was so slow about such an easy trim. From there I headed to the VFW. Tuesday I had been told they were doing an impromptu birthday thing for one of the ladies that helps out a lot. I was told about 5pm. So I am there early (my normal) and playing games on my tablet. The Post had their dinner starting at 5pm (pulled pork sandwich, Slaw, ranch beans, dessert - $10) and I was famished. I bought and ate, all while still waiting for this shindig to happen. By 6:30p I told my friend Stacey (who was doing it) that I had to head home. I was beat. The gal's husband hadn't even left to get his Wife yet, and knew it was going to be even longer. So I was home say ...6:30'ish? Maybe 7pm at latest.
Crud. I just remembered I need to do the Minutes from Tuesday's meeting today. Guess I will work on that at some point. Needs to be done and emailed in today.
I played a video game I have been working on for awhile. In bed by 10p, and up too early. Refilled my pill boxes for the week. I had confirmed yesterday the 5 appointments I have on Tuesday. And now? I am off to check the mail, etc. before playing some more games.
Thanks in advance for the birthday wishes.
PeacE
1 comment:
Best belated wishes for a happy birthday
Post a Comment