I gave up and took one of my sleeping pills the other night. Needless to say, they work well. I was out until about 11:30a yesterday, woke feeling well-rested. I also woke feeling sort of groggy (side effect of the pill). Thinking I'm good and at the 'full' line for rest, went to bed last night at a decent hour. Then it was like being on the sea - I tossed and turned it seemed most of the night. It didn't help that inher sleep, the Wife kneed my in the stomach a couple times - that hurt! I know it isn't her fault (maybe?) but it is what it is. And now I am up at 5am.
Mayo contacted me yesterday? Maybe the afternoon before, via message in the portal. The nurse said they had gotten my labs in, and based on those results the doctor (which one?) did not want to change any of my medications at this time. She did ask how the swelling from the edema was, so I wrote back that it has barely receded, I'm distended. I do not have a paracentesis scheduled until next week, but at this time, I am not in pain from the pressure, just uncomfortable - but that could be the edema on the sides of my abdomen area, too. The nurse did apologize (in words) about the state of the edema, and how I was feeling, following up with see you in a few weeks (10/8 appointment). Sigh. It gets closer day by day. Monday I have a Zoom appointment with the team psychologist, which usually lasts about 15 minutes. Then it is sitting on my hands until the 8th.
In the past year, I know I have made the comment, or at least thought it, that my life is like Job's. He was the one that God allowed Satan to do whatever to, except touch him, to show Job's unwavering devotion to God. Job last everything: I think it was 7 sons, and 3 daughters; extensive herds of goats and livestock, hi home, his financial standing, and my comparison, his health. I picked this book to read daily because I felt that comparison, which with just the above information, doesn't really match at all. I'm only on chapter 10, where Job is very ill and is speaking with his two friends that came to him, so I am sure I will know more of " the rest of the story" over the next few weeks.
I'm working on a book titled 'Drop the Rock' which is an AA aid for steps 6 & 7. I am just short of halfway, and already have picked up some usual information. I have then next book as well, that helps with Step 10, but before I get to that one, I will start "The Circle Maker" that RM gave me for my birthday. I am anxious to start it, but trying to keep the discipline of finishing a book before I start another. My reading has decreased astronomically compared to last year, that if I pick a book up, I will now finish it before starting another, because it takes me longer to get through them. I have one last journal book I like that I saving for that book.
Had a nice visit with the Middle and GSon the other morning. Doc, the GSon, is getting better about being around bearded people I guess, as he did give smiles to me, let me pat his back and even got a high-five, but there is still no way he was letting me hold him. Soon Papaw, soon.
Today I actually have plans! With Adults! My AA Homegroup is meeting for lunch. This is the group's designated quarterly lunch they get together for through the year. I went to a non-sanctioned one (special invite) and met several of the regulars a few short months ago, and had a great time. Today, we are meeting at the Chili's about a mile from my house - talk about convenient!! So, yeah, I'm there. I'll have to look at the menu before I go to figure out what I'll have, since eating and me are in the ring again. Hopefully they will have a salad I like. Plus, I get conversation! I spend most of my days at home when I have no appointments or errands. Mainly because was asked by Mayo to not drive due to the encephalopathy. So I have slowly relinquished my keys. Youngest takes me, or on off days, and special appointments, the Wife does. Big change from me being the one driving all the time (which the Wife prefers). But being home all day doesn't allow for a lot of conversation. Sure we talk a little before and after group meetings, but that is like 20 minutes at most. So no conversation per se. I admit, I could probably find and meet people on Discord, but not sure if I really want to - it's a whole catch-22. But I'll get an hour plus of adult conversation today.
And I suppose I should tie this up and get it posted.
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment