Paracentesis. One would think that having this done close to once a week since January that I would be used to it; numb to the needles. It sure doesn't work that way. Today I have one at 1pm (thankfully). Between the edema and the ascites build up, I am really distended (the Wife says I am having triplets) and though it is not 'painful' the discomfort level is pretty high. My breathing has been short pants for the past few days as well, making the Wife worry. I believe it to be from all the pressure pushing up against my diaphragm, and will go away once I am drained. She's worried there is fluid in my chest cavity and I will need to get a thoracentesis. As if she were the one getting it... those hurt so much, and I always pass out.
So I have a few hours until I need to be there. I'll go through my morning routine, then I am thinking about getting a haircut. Afterwards, I may head to the hospital just a little early, and play games on the tablet. I like being early with them, just in case they are ready early. It has happened!
I started 'The Circle Maker' yesterday morning, and it may not have gotten me as excited as RM just in the first chapter, but I am still working on it. I think today I stopped at chapter 3. I'm hoping it gets to the 'nitty-gritty' soon, else I may have to put it aside until a later date to re-read and then it will impact better. But for now, i still read several pages a day.
I finished Job today. I did learn a bit about God while reading it. Learned about how some friends don't have your interests at heart when talking to you seriously about said things. Of course this book had a happy ending...read it to find out what it was. So now I need to figure where I am reading next. Psalms is the next book, and I am looking forward to reading it at some time, so I may go ahead and start it. I feel this may a book a read over many times.
I heard from Data Doctors yesterday. I don't think they can figure out what I did either. I had two options (technically three, but I didn't really want to buy a brand new hard drive). Well, I took one option, and not because it was the cheapest. They are going to backup what is salvageable from the drive, wipe it, reload Win 11, and then the recovered files. It will take another 2-3 days, so I'm still without that computer until the weekend. I started to make a list last night about possibly what other programs I had on there that I will need to reload. The games I am not so worried about, as through the Steam set-up, I am able to re-install any in my library. I am more worried about my Calibre folder (holds all my ebooks) and the Torrents file (holds d/ls and u/ls for books). I am sure there are two or three others as well, I just cannot remember them. So until Friday, I am not worrying about it.
And with that, I'll mosey on down the road this morning....
PeacE
No comments:
Post a Comment