Monday, September 7

It Was A Day ...

 Turning 55 years of age is not a huge mile marker like 30, or 50, and so on. I truly was not expecting any big shin-dig, or some major surprise party (thankfully! I hate those). I pretty much did nothing all day. The birthday posts on social media started coming in. a few family/friends via text. One call from the Daughter and the Granddaughters to sing Happy Birthday to me. One call from my best friend back in Michigan - though I didn't answer it. I was in the process of going to bed (8:30pm? Yeah, I'm over 50). Think about then there was probably around 60-70 posts from HS friends, to current friends, and so many others! I did reply personally to many of them yesterday, but will be doing the final ones this morning. I heard from the Middle Son via text. Never heard from the Oldest Son, and the Youngest, though living at home, never said anything either. Oh well.

Today is Labor Day, and I have nothing planned. The Wife has to work. The Youngest has a friend in town from out of state, so no idea what their plans may be. I'll probably do my Homegroup meeting, then play games the rest of the day - no I won't. I didn't do the minutes yesterday...oops! I just pulled out the laptop so I can start on them next.

The Wife and I were discussing my medical last night. I need to be sure to bring up the edema in my legs. It is worse than when I started a year ago. My legs are so sensitive to touch, yet itch all the time. The swelling is bad, too. Look like two large lumps of meat. Compression socks seem to help a little, but I don't see much difference. I think they should increase my diuretics, but I am not a doctor.

Welp, got other things to get done (minutes) so will end this today.

PeacE

No comments: