Saturday, September 5

Holiday Weekends and Posting

 In the past several years, around mid-August I would throw out the "big invite" for my Birthday celebration. Always on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend, usually 12p-4p (which led into later times as well). Come by, have a drink with me, catch-up, share memories, or just say hi. How long have I been doing this? Five years? Six? And before that it was by word of mouth. Either way, my Birthday coinciding with Labor Day weekend was nothing more than another excuse to drink, get wasted, do stupid things (like drive home). That Era has ended and falls to memories and recounting of experiences to share.

So no 'shin-dig' for my Birthday. This year, I am fine with that. I'm not really in the mood for any crowd (more than 8-10 people) anyways. My medical stuff would turn into the main topic that everyone one wants to know about, as so many people do NOT know. I've kept that circle down to close family and friends, and I don't post anything publicly on social media about it. Here? Ha! All two of you running to the News station yet to get a reporter here? Thought not.

Today I am doing two meetings (AA/Live support) and my Home Group. In both I get to announce that tomorrow (my birthday) is also my 1 year of sobriety. And yes, I am going to ask for a coin! A year ...wow. That's the start of all this liver stuff. The start of making new friends. The start of learning how to take better care of myself through diet, exercise, and mental exercise. The start of learning to fall in love with God again, and improve relationships. So many good things in just one year. 

No post tomorrow. I am enjoying the Day!

PeacE

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I am so proud of you and the man you have become. I praise God for His hand upon you. I know you have great things ahead of you. I love you so much!